I'll try to update to 2.3.7 soon... (Project organisation)

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, October 13, 2016, 13:29 (2750 days ago) @ glorifyday

Hallo

Personally, I think that the behaviour of read/unread posts is currently the most important issue of the forum, in terms of ergonomics.

Yes, it is a serious issue even it doesn't break the function of the forum software. But to read the word "ergonomics" from you, is for me a bit perplexing. ;-) Making links in entry titles possible, what leads to a text whereof different parts links to different pages or websites, is everything else but ergonomic. Users expect to have a link to the entry itself at that point.

If the 'Refresh' is to be really useful, the effect of refreshing should be a view with all posts "read" and not "new". And I think most users will share my view.

I strongly disagree. I expect to get an actualised state of the forum. Read entries should be marked as read, unread entries should stay unread, new entries that was created since the last (re)load of the page should also be shown as unread. Nothing to say against a function to mark all entries read, but that would not be a "refresh".

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread