Update from 2.4.24 to 20220803.1 failed (Bugs)

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 20:34 (582 days ago) @ Fritz

Hello

update shows following errors:

Database error in line 298: Table 'mlf2_akismet_rating' already exists
Database error in line 301: Table 'mlf2_b8_rating' already exists

You had obviously installed a version from the 2.5-branch (2.4.99.x or a 2022-any-number) before the current update attempt. You might have downgraded the version to a stable version of the 2.4-branch but the then obsolete tables remained.

Database error in line 304: Unknown character set: 'utf8mb4'

What version of MySQL operates on your server?

Database error in line 307: Table 'mlf2_uploads' already exists

Same here for the case of a previous installed 2.5-branch version.

Database error in line 327: Table 'w10500-mlf2.mlf2_b8_wordlist' doesn't exist

The creation of the table failed because of the unknown charset utf8mb4 from the error in line 304.

Database error in line 330: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1
Database error in line 333: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

If the tables would be new, they would be empty and there would be no entry 1, that could be duplicated. If this error occurs, the akismet rating table as well as the b8 rating table are not empty during the update process. So again: You had obviously installed a version from the 2.5-branch (2.4.99.x or a 2022-any-number) before the current update attempt.

So to confirm or deny my assumptions is the first step to get your forum running again. Beside from that I am quite confused because I test a clean installation and updates from a 2.4.20 and the previous version (in this case the version 20220529.1) before every release of a new version and I never experienced errors like yours or like the errors from other threads. ☹️

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread