A Question about the removal of the backup feature (Bugs)

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, April 26, 2022, 09:24 (729 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

Am I right, that when I remove the function in the variable initBackupControls and its call inside the function MyLittleAdmin there remains nothing more than the call for DragAndDropTable in the event listener?

I think this file content can be reduced to

document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function(e) {
new DragAndDropTable(document.getElementById("sortable"), "admin", "action");
});

That validates my assumption. Thank you.

Moreover, the i18n files can be reduced due to the reduction, i.e.,

lang["delete_backup_confirm"]
lang["delete_sel_backup_confirm"]
lang["check_all"]
lang["uncheck_all"]

I see, that the strings/variables lang["check_all"] and lang["uncheck_all"] are only in use along with the backup function. I expected them to be in use in the admin area whereever one can select entries with checkboxes (namely in the lists of users). I would like to keep those strings and use them in the named admin page, but not only there. IMHO the feature to select all displayed entires at once should also be available in the lists of categories, smilies and pages.

Do you modify these files?

Yes I will with the exception of the named strings lang["check_all"] and lang["uncheck_all"]. IMHO their further use is disputable.

PS: ist it really necessary to keep a separate JS-ressource for only the one event listener? Why not putting it to main(.min).js and to separate it from the other functions by adding a class or ID to the body of the admin area and to use that class or ID in an if-statement in the event handler? Or do you plan to reenhance the separate JS-functions for the admin area?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread