Problems with special character e.g. ä (Bugs)

by Auge ⌂, Friday, March 02, 2018, 08:46 (2237 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

today, I installed mlf2 on a new server. If I use German.lang, special characters aren't correctly displayed, e.g. März vs. März. Wasn't this problem solved? What was the solution?

We discussed this back in 2016 where you pointed to one of your postings from 2008 and to a discussion with a solution in the testing forum, that no longer exists.

In the thread in the testing forum Alex or you provided the solution to set the value for locale_charset to ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15. But that was all the time a bit crude for me. We use UTF-8 and then we set the locale charset to ISO-8859-*? A setting, that seems to only apply to script generated strings like the date. On the other hand, I didn't find a date function in the PHP docs, that takes a charset value into account at all, only a locale like de_DE for german german (set with set_locale, see examples for strftime).

What's the benefit of locale_charset in the script, especially when it's value is not UTF-8 which is in use everywhere else in the scripts?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Tags:
locale, charset, utf-8

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread