We fixed several bugs, that was discussed and got hunted during the last week. Additionally we added a few small featurettes. Two of the three will be only interesting for forum operators/admins.
- An error in the table definition for the subscriptions caused a few bugs for postings of unregistered users with a subscription for the reply notification.
- When deleting a posting, a possibly present subscription got orphaned because it was not removed from the database.
- One was not able to send an e-mail over the contact form because the check for minimal and maximal time from requesting the form to sending the filled form was broken.
- The check of password strength failed under certain conditions
- A more cosmetic problem was the elongation of thumbnail images in a posting.
- When updating the database tables during a forum update, the forum gets disabled.
- The language strings for the key
show_spam_link got an update in the german and english language. The new text is IMHO more descriptive.
http as prefix.
You can download the new release 2.4.18 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.
Please report any problems with the new version here. I imploringly hope, that there are not such massive detractions like in the last release. I'm sorry for that.
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!