Release of version 2.4.10 (GRPR related stuff) (General)

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, June 13, 2018, 20:42 (2105 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

WARNING: Because of an error in the update script this version can only be an update target for existing installations from version 2.3.99.1 upwards! I'll solve that within the next hours.

… after a waiting time …

We fixed a small number of bugs, actualised the plugins Bad Behavior, GesHi and Smarty and introduced the possibility to enforce the acceptance to a data privacy statement in the same manner as the acceptance to the terms of use. In context with this new feature I reworked the logic behind the acceptance of the terms of use too.

You have to provide a data privacy statement yourself and have to add the URL of the statement in the main settings form. Additionally you have to activate the enforcement with the suiting switch.

How it works:

If a visitor wants to post an entry, the visitor has to state to agree with the data privacy statement or the terms of use. Otherwise the visitor will not be able to save the entry.

If a visitor wants to open an accout in the forum, the visitor has to state to agree with the data privacy statement or the terms of use. Otherwise the visitor will not be able to open the account. When the account is registered and the user posts entries, the user has not to agree to the data privacy statement or the terms of use again. But there is one exception from this rule.

If a forum operator changes the data privacy statement or the terms of use a new agreement should take place. Therfore we added two new columns to the user data table to store the timestamp of the agreements with the user data. A forum operator can enforce a new agreement to the new rules by deleting the timestamps from the users datasets.

Currently this is only possible with a database query in a tool like phpMyAdmin because we do not have a user interface for it.

UPDATE mlf2_userdata SET dps_accepted = NULL WHERE user_id > 1 -- delete timestamps from agreements to the data privacy statement
UPDATE mlf2_userdata SET tou_accepted = NULL WHERE user_id > 1 -- delete timestamps from agreements to the terms of use

When a registered user has to re-agree to one or both of the statements the user gets the data privacy statement or the terms of use displayed in an iframe after logging in and has to push the I-agree-button. Until this is done the user will not be able to post an entry. Trying this leads to a redirect back to the agreement form.

Attention: I tested all parts of the new feature chain separate and in several combinations. I tested a fresh installation of the new version and also an update from the versions 2.4.6 and 2.4.8. All attempts succeeded. Nevertheless it is absolutely possible, that I missed errors because of the lack of tests from a second party with a different view (Milo is currently absent). Please report problems quick as possible and with a proper description of what you have done and what happened.

You can download the new release 2.4.10 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Please report any problems with the new version here.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread