Release of version 2.4.7 (2018-01-05), subsequent entry (General)

by Auge ⌂, Monday, February 05, 2018, 09:07 (2234 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

To have a complete documentation of releases, I repost (and expand) the entry for version 2.4.7 from the meanwhile obsolete interim forum.

Please read this announcement carefully, especially the last point about changes in the language files. With this release the system requirements changes. The minimal PHP version is from now on PHP 5.4.

We fixed a few issues, which occured in newer environments and therefore never catched someones eyes before. Additionally we introduced tags for bookmarks, added honeypot fields in the posting form as an additional protection against spam and a redirect to the last visited page after the login. Furthermore the handling of a few URL-parameters was changed so they behave not as toggling switches (on or off with every use) but as a switch with fixed states. So you can set links to a specified view of a thread/posting and/or the main view. Please read the release notes section "Changes" for further details.

The update script contains an error in the list of changed files. The pathes to the CSS-files are noted as themes/style.css and themes/style.min.css what is wrong. The correct path is themes/default/style.css and themes/default/style.min.css. Please take this into account when updating.

Important note about the changes in all language files.

To ensure the correct behaviour of the language strings we decided to enclose almost all strings in the language files with single quotes. The only exception are the templates for multiline email texts which are for their part enclosed in three double quotes.

Single line string (old):

key_of_string = foo bar

Single line string (new):

key_of_string = 'foo bar'

Multi line string (does not change):

key_of_string = """foo

bar"""

The enclosing can have a side effect, if the char "single quote" is in use inside the string, i.e. as apostrophe.

Example of a string with a single quote as apostrophe:

'This isn't foo's bar.'

These occurences of a single quote inside the string have to be masked with a backslash. 'This isn't foo's bar.' => 'This isn\'t foo\'s bar.'. On places, where I oversaw the single quote in the string when undertaking the changes (meanwhile I found myself three occurences in the german language file), all single quotes will be shown in the output.

The example will be displayed as "'This isn't foo's bar.'" (without double quotes). This is a bug. Please report such issues here or as a Github issue. Additionally you can solve it for yourself by adding the masking char \ in front of the single quote in the language file. The output will change to the corrrect "This isn't foo's bar." after reloading the page.

You can download the new release 2.4.7 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Please report any problems with the new version here.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Tags:
release, 2.4

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread