About opening of links in new tabs or browser windows (Features)

by Auge ⌂, Monday, October 26, 2020, 08:32 (1240 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

I don't see a problem to add the code to the main.(min.)js. It was just a question on the topic of generating readable code.

O.k. let's make it so. :ok:

One further question about the issue of readable code. The main.min.js has only half the size of the main.js (25 versus 50 kB). The relation of sizes of posting.min.js and posting.js is similar. admin.min.js actually has only a third of the size of admin.js. On one hand I'm fine with the reduction of traffic but on the other hand the minification makes maintaining the sources harder than necessary.

As you can see in several of my code contributions, I often use readable but long variable- and function-names. That inflates the file sizes of the script but – this is at least my hope – enhances the understandability of the code.

And now the question.

Isn't it time to tidy up the code from compatibility … errr … legacy code for long dead browsers so we could minify the JS-code without minifying it?

add classes from the threaded views also to the single entry view

Of course sir, that's possible and it's IMHO important regard to a meaningful document structure.

Perfect. In this case, the access to the posting links is quite easy and avoids the distinction of cases (single vs. list view).

I will open a dedicated PR for the HTML code adaption today.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread