About opening of links in new tabs or browser windows (Features)

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, October 22, 2020, 07:29 (1244 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

I'm very sorry.

There's no need for a sorry. As stated in the PR I wll open a new one. Bofore doing that I need the answer to the underlying question how to inject the optional user setting.

Quoting one of my previous postings.

I have no clue how to inject the user setting into the relevant functions. Injecting the forum settings is easy, add global $settings; and you are done. But user settings are optional because not every visitor is a logged in user and therefore I can't use global for it. On the other hand I don't know how to add the user setting to the parameter list of the relevant functions. These functions get called only in the functions html_format and signature_format where the bbcode class gets configured for these special cases.

It would be possible to make the setting an optional paremeter for html_format and signature_format and provide it inside these functions for the calls of do_bbcode_url (Next question is how to commit it to these functions?). But this solution looks not really nearly elegant.

Addition to my thoughts: I stated the user setting to be optional and therefore not to be able to import it with global. A possibility would be to initialise this user setting as a pseudo setting in the main code so that it would exist in every single case. That way I can import it for sure with global. But also this solution looks not really nearly elegant. :-/

Beside from that I would have to check if the user informations and settings are stored under the same or different variable names in different scripts.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread