About opening of links in new tabs or browser windows (Features)

by Micha ⌂, Saturday, October 24, 2020, 21:27 (1241 days ago) @ Auge

Hello,

This would need a non boolean setting (your proposal contains three states). Otherwise it looks like it's pointing into the right direction.

In most cases, I open internal and external links in a new tab, e.g., for reading the documentation and writing the answer. shian states that he always open links in a new tab. Always includes internal links of the forum, or not? So, I was not sure about the right decision and leave it open (the user should define her/his best way).

Every way begins with a first step. But creating a new script file for only this one function looks a bit to much for me.

I don't see a problem to add the code to the main.(min.)js. It was just a question on the topic of generating readable code.

Do we have further functions that are only tied to the entry views

No, I don't think so.

I agree, at this point and due to the small pieces of code, we should add the code to the main.js.

Of course sir, that's possible and it's IMHO important regard to a meaningful document structure.

Perfect. In this case, the access to the posting links is quite easy and avoids the distinction of cases (single vs. list view).

I did only a skim read (querlesen) but it looks o.k.

I will provide a further version, if the resulting HTML structure was adapted and the user-defined option are available in js_defaults.

/Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread