Test-3 for block [rtl] ... [/rtl] (General)

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, January 04, 2023, 10:27 (478 days ago) @ Micha

Hello Micha

I added the changes to github. So, it will included to the upcoming 2.5. I also added the option [LTR] in a similar way.

I stumbled upon this thread by searching another one. I have one question and a remark.

The question: Your implementation does not contain buttons for inserting the bb-codes. Wouldn't it be nice to make the feature more visible by providing buttons for it? At least optional with a setting (like the one for TeX or code)?

The remark: Reading in the SelfHTML-forum I came across the values start and end for the property text-align. Those values are writing direction agnostic, what means, that text-align: start; corresponds with text-align: left; in ltr languages but at the same time with text-align: right; in rtl languages. Setting text-align: start; as default value for html (or body) and replacing all occurences of text-align: right; with text-align: end; would make the forum in general more usable with rtl languages (even we currently have not a single translation to any ltr-written language :-().

With the exception of a few mobile browsers and really ancient software, the browser-support for the values start and end is good. We can basically support even those incapable browsers by prefixing the modern way by the classic values instead of replacing the old with the new value.

element {
    text-align: right;
    text-align: end;
}

I implemented this change in my theme and according to my observations it works flawless.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread