my site using my little forum (Project organisation)

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, January 01, 2014, 21:14 (3767 days ago) @ kittykuma

Hello

Thanks for reply Auge. Actually I know there is a category filter. What I want is a sub-forum feature which look like this.

My site is mainly about gaming. For ps3 alone there are already thousands titles there. now comes the ps4 titles. I can't keep add categories in MLF for each game, which will increase the number of entries in the top-right drop-down menu, who want to navigate a drop down menu has thousands entries.

I see, the category feature is not a solution for you. The lack of subforums like it's implemented in (all) other board scripts was a willful decision. This is my little forum.

you guys did a great job layout the huge structure. Is it possible for MLF future update supporting the subforum feature? or I'm meowing at the wrong fish?:-P

I don't know what is planned for the future. Neither if the feature will be implemented nor when. That said, it may be better to use another software wich fulfil your requirements.

Another suggestion is: most ppl judges a product by it's look on first impression. My psn friends who visited my forum site said it look a bit messy. it took me a long while to figure out how to change the default looking to a cleaner table view.
in phpmyadmin interface type sql command:
UPDATE mlf_settings SET value = '1' WHERE name='default_view';
UPDATE mlf_settings SET value = '1' WHERE name='fold_threads';

This software is not a bulletin board software, it is a threaded forum. So the default value is the unfolded thread. In that way one can see who answered whom. By the way: You don't need to use phpMyAdmin to change the settings. You'll find a page to change settings in the admin area. And yes, the structure of the HTML output is old (it's from 2006).

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread