"Approval of posts" was simply closed, no censorship at all (General)

by Auge ⌂, Friday, October 11, 2024, 08:23 (7 days ago) @ Matti.B.

Hello

You don't care what the community wants and needs! The thread -The Digital Services Act has come into force, approval of posts - was quickly closed. Then have fun here alone, with the new censorship!

Be careful with your claims!

The thread is still accessible and the postings can all be read. So there is no censorship.

The thread was created in February 2024, now it's October 2024. The latest reply, apart from Wolff's whining (sorry but I found no other words for it) and a reply to my own last comment, dates from 22 July 2024. Nothing I would call "quickly closed".

Beside from that, we as the programmers are not obliged to implement what the "community" wants. We have to decide, what is a meaningful feature and what is not, what we can and want to work on and what we cannot. At some point I came to the conclusion that this feature is not useful and is diametrically opposed to the basic functionality of a forum software. I have explained my opinion on this in detail. None of the completely unknown participants of the "community" has put forward any counterarguments. None! So there is no reason to leave the thread open if it can be assumed that there will be no new arguments, but only quibbling, as Wolff's posting shows.

If and when the ominous "community" wants especially this feature to mess around with it, there is an implementation in phpBB. So why are you and Wolff pushing for us to do the same, even though we have explicitly said that we don't want to, that we even think it's wrong to do it? None of you have put forward any single argument in favour of the feature, just ‘wanting to have it’ and moaning.

The discussion can therefore be considered closed. If and when someone wants to starts a new discussion with arguments but without limiting itself to accusations, we are willing to discuss these arguments. Your thread/posting, on the other hand, offers no new arguments and relies exclusively on accusations and hostility.

Announcement: We will simply delete further postings uncommented, that are based solely on accusations in future. We have domiciliary rights here because this is our project.

This thread will remain in closed state for documentation purposes of the announcement of future policy.

Apart from that, I would strongly doubt every single first time poster in this thread to be part of "the community" (whatever this is). Not a single one was visibly active in the project forum before, none of them (with exception of Robert) posted more than one or two times in the thread in question, none of them was active again later. I think it is very likely that some are simply sock puppets of one or a few people, who just want to make a fuss here. That brings no added value.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Tags:
moderation, meinung, opinion

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread