Site Slow After Server Migration (General)

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, August 09, 2022, 12:28 (619 days ago) @ Magma

Hello

My web host migrated my site to a different shared server / data center to "improve performance" …, ever since then performance has plummeted. On a 60Mbps connection a single post with a 1.1MB image now takes around 6-8 seconds to fully load, it's like dial up days, whereas before migration it would load in the blink of an eye.

Back and forth with the web host support they just say I need to work with the website developer to optimise the webpages but I never had this problem before migration.

Have any of you experienced this? Would it be something I need to change in the script due to it being a different server or do you think it would be more a case of the host cutting the performance or any other problem?

There are a plenty of possible causes. Even our script can cause performance issues, but when the forum worked before without problems, I see no reason to to point the finger at the forum script as first. It is possible, that the webserver, the PHP-interpreter or the database server (MySQL or MariaDB) has a unfavourable configuration. It's also possible, that the webserver and the database server resides on different machines, where they have shared the same machine before and there is a network issue. Or maybe it's a cache issue or what ever. We don't know.

Can you tell us a little bit more. Maybe it's a version of any component, that is not complete supported by our script.

- Which webserver software in which version?
- Which PHP version?
- Which database software in which version?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread