Release of version 184.108.40.206, testing release, with EDIT (General)
I'm proud to announce the next public testing version for My Little Forum 2.5, named 220.127.116.11. We skipped version 18.104.22.168 which was inofficially available directly from the master branch.
Changes from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199
- All database tables are of type InnoDB from now on.
- The listing of spam entries for forum team members is part of the main view and not a possible view in the search results page from now on.
- After storing an entry after it's creation that was classified as possible spam we generally redirect to the single posting view to show a message about the situation.
- several database columns got a smaller size. This is because they should store UTF-8 with four bytes and have an index at the same time. The indexes for text fields istself are limited in their size what limits the possible size of the text fields. We limited the sizes of the columns
mlf2_b8_wordlist.token to 128 characters.
- A registered user can decide for whom se/he is contactable about the forums e-mail-based contact function.
- The forum is now able to send e-mails via a SMTP-function. That's currently a proof of concept and the configuration is located in
config/php_mailer.php but not accessible in the admin area.
- The forum operator can decide if registerd and unregisterde users should be able to set tags for postings.
- Send the notification e-mails only, if the entry was classified as ham (not as possible spam).
There was only a few changes from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206. So we corrected several queries in the installation and in the update scripts, fixed a bug that made it possible to see postings, classified as spam, when one wrote self a posting that was classified as spam in the same thread. The last change affected the uninstalling-function in the admin script, that contains from now on the new tables when dropping the database content and tables.
Please take into account, that the required minimal version of the MySQL server is 5.5.3 from now on. This is because of the changed default charset of utf8mb4 in many of the tables and text columns.
Notes for updating admins
If you want to test an update of an existing installation (not recommended at the moment), please make a backup of the database and the installation itself before –or better– make a parallel test installation of your existing version and upgrade the test- instead your live-forum.
Attention: The update is only possible when the existing installation is a version 220.127.116.11 up to 2.4.24!
Attention: Use the update file
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!
- Release thread for version branch 2.5 -
- Release of version 18.104.22.168, testing release -
- Version 22.214.171.124, updatable but not installable - Auge, 2019-06-04, 11:15
- Release of version 126.96.36.199, testing release, with EDIT - Auge, 2019-09-24, 20:29
- First release in the version branch 2.5, 20220508.1 🚀 -
- A few hints about the upgrade of this forum to 20220508.1 - Auge, 2022-05-09, 10:01
- There is a little but breaking bug in version 20220508.1 😒 - Auge, 2022-05-09, 13:00
- Release of version 20220509.1 (2.5.1) - Auge, 2022-05-09, 19:37
- Next day, next bug with 20220508.1 and 20220509.1 - Auge, 2022-05-10, 17:04
- Release of version 20220517.1 (2.5.2) - Auge, 2022-05-17, 20:22
- Release of version 20220529.1 (2.5.3) - Auge, 2022-05-29, 20:01
- Release of version 188.8.131.52, testing release - Auge, 2019-06-01, 21:57