New anti spam features and their effectivity (Technics)

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 20:21 (1914 days ago) @ Micha

Hello

After the introduction of separated minimum and maximum values for time between requesting a form and sending it back to the server the amount of new registrations that never got activated reached 0.

I also set the character restriction for the password

At the moment there are no unwanted registrations in my forum. So I saw no necessity to enforce additional rules for passwords until now (beside the enforced minimal length).

@Micha: Would it work with a experimental backport or should I upgrade to master branch of MLF?

"backport" means to integrate the filter to the 2.4 branch??? :confused: I'm not sure, how to translate the word in this context in a right way. :-(

No, no integration in the 2.4 branch. I wanted only to test it in my own forum (which is necessarily a 2.4.x version).

As I have already noted, I don't like this working on different versions. The 2.5 branch contains completely implemented features, but up to now, we are withheld these features to users. I would support the switch-over to 2.5. This is my personal opinion!

I wanted to support the 2.4 branch only for fixes after beginning with the one or another new feature for 2.5. It's gone more than only a bit muddled because of the instanly necessary changes here and there. Let's focus on 2.5.

But that's not the point I wanted to talk about. Did you include the bayes-filter into your forum? Or in another words, have you a working copy and are you able to share first insights? I ask, because the minimum time for request-to-sending-back of the posting form doesn't prevent spam postings in my forum. On the other hand I saw not a single spam entry here in the project forum since several days. I've no clue, what's going on and what's the difference between this and my forum.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread