Error during update from 2.3.3 over 2.3.7 to 2.4.11 (General)

by Auge ⌂, Friday, June 29, 2018, 06:49 (2100 days ago) @ WorldofBB

Hello

I just completed a massive long overdue update from version 2.33, to 2.34, 2.35, 2.36.1, 2.37 and then finally directly to the latest version 2.4.11.

Ok, an update from 2.3.7 directly to 2.4.11. Is that correct?

Everything seemed to go smoothly, barring some theme customization I have to put back in, but on the last update the GRPR seems to have broken something.

When I try to post I get this error:

Database error!
Unknown column 'dps_accepted' in 'field list'

The scripts seems to be in an actual state. The column 'dps_accepted' was introduced in the version 2.4.10.

There was many changes between 2.3.7 and 2.4.11 in the database. To identify, what was going wrong, we need several informations about the database structure.

1. The table name list from the file config/db_settings.php

We need the values of the lines starting with ($db_settings['*_table'] = '…';) but WITHOUT the database connection data (the keys "host", "user", "password", "database").

2. An excerpt of the table structure.

You can create this excerpt with phpMyAdmin (or a similar tool). Please report the CREATE-statements for all the tables. Example:

CREATE TABLE mlf2_temp_infos (
  `name` VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL,
  `value` VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
  `time` TIMESTAMP NULL DEFAULT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (name))
ENGINE=InnoDB CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_general_ci;

With knowledge of your real structure, we can identify the step, that broke your update. You can find the function in phpMyAdmin in the tab "export", "adjustments => format specific options" activate "structure" and in "object crceation options" activate "with CREATE-statement" and run the script for every MLF table (real menu point names can differ, translated it myself from the german user interface).

I get similar errors when trying to run the queries in phphmyadmin that you suggested as well.

Which queries you are talking about?

Keep in mind that my setup was at 2.3.3 the last time anyone logged in, so I'm not sure what went wrong during the upgrade, but as of right now it is preventing anyone from posting, with no popups or anywhere that I can see to bypass it or work around it.

I expect us together to be able to make your forum running again. :-)

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread