Some remarks for MLF2 (Features)

by Otto, Tuesday, October 09, 2007, 21:05 (6043 days ago)

Hello,

I am an Parsimony user, and I am looking for a script that could replace the Parsimony script. I have reasonable knowledge about the internet backgrounds, but I am less experienced in scripting, but with a little trial and error I got the script working, and I also managed to customize the lay-out a bit. The script (version 2.0) looks promising, and I would like to continue with it to replace the old script. However, there are some points I encountered which would be nice to add to the script, to enhance the functionality:

• Possibility to add a small picture (photograph of the user) to a profile
  • Upload of images should have the possibility to be turned off for unregistered users (I have already implemented this by editing the “posting.tpl.inc” file).
  • What is the mechanism behind the “Browse uploaded images...” window? At this moment I see all images, so also those of other users. Is that meant to be? I could imagine that this will flood the browser window very soon, or are only a limited number of images being shown?
  • Moderators should have the possibility to enter a limited area of the admin’s pages like the “spam protection” area, they should have the option to enter banned IP-addresses, user agents, and bad words. Perhaps a “mod” entry in the menu at the right top corner where the admin pages stand in case of an admin login is visible?
  • Some contact possibilities for multiple moderators. So, a kind of link which sends a message to all moderators (possibly including the admin).
  • Missing some kind of log file with information about the IP address of each message and some information about the user’s PC. This helps identifying suspicious users a lot. (Compare the Parsimony log file).
  • Display of IP-address of posters in moderator and admin mode.
  • Register self, but activated by admin or moderator (the template files suggests there is such an option, but I couldn’t find it in the settings).
  • Possibility to send messages without body text (sometimes only a subject line could be sufficient for the message). Maybe a marking could be added to visualize the message has no body.
  • How to change the color of the admin’s and moderator’s name? There seems to bee a mechanism to use different colors for admins and mods, but I couldn’t let it work.

I hope this list is useful for you ;-)

Best regards,
Otto

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread