Some remarks for MLF2 (Features)

by Alex ⌂, Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 18:29 (6042 days ago) @ Otto

Hi Otto,

Possibility to add a small picture (photograph of the user) to a profile

That's already possible - but still a little hidden: you can use BB Codes in the profile and signature field.

Upload of images should have the possibility to be turned off for unregistered users

Yes, no bad idea!

(I have already implemented this by editing the “posting.tpl.inc” file).

Then you probably just hid it! ;-)

What is the mechanism behind the “Browse uploaded images...” window? At this moment I see all images, so also those of other users. Is that meant to be? I could imagine that this will flood the browser window very soon, or are only a limited number of images being shown?

Yes, five per page. Anyway this feature could still be improved a little though.

Moderators should have the possibility to enter a limited area of the admin’s pages like the “spam protection” area, they should have the option to enter banned IP-addresses, user agents, and bad words. Perhaps a “mod” entry in the menu at the right top corner where the admin pages stand in case of an admin login is visible?

Good idea as well!

Missing some kind of log file with information about the IP address of each message and some information about the user’s PC. This helps identifying suspicious users a lot. (Compare the Parsimony log file).
Display of IP-address of posters in moderator and admin mode.

That's a privacy issue. In Germany for example they talk about forbidding saving IP addresses and there's for example already a plugins for Wordpress available to prevent saving IP addresses.
But so far, the admin can see the IP addresses.

Register self, but activated by admin or moderator (the template files suggests there is such an option, but I couldn’t find it in the settings).

It's possible to set it in order that only the admin can register users.

Possibility to send messages without body text

This used to be possible in the former version but still has to be "repaired" in 2.0 (there's still a setting "empty_postings_possible" but you can't submit the form without a message [with enabled JavaScript]).

How to change the color of the admin’s and moderator’s name? There seems to bee a mechanism to use different colors for admins and mods, but I couldn’t let it work.

This is also a former and in 2.0 not yet working feature.

Alex

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread