This is great news, and much appreciated. (Development)

by Auge ⌂, Monday, July 29, 2024, 07:22 (49 days ago) @ Joe I

Hello

I know you and others have worked hard over a long period to roll out a worthy upgrade.

Not so modest. You have made a significant contribution to the changes in the new version.

If you’re at a point where you want / need additional upgrade testing, please let me know.

In fact, there was a problem that I found by upgrading an empty forum, freshly installed with version 2.4.21, to the current version. I cannot currently judge whether the error also occurs if the forum was installed with the current code version.

When I have completed the upgrade and returned to the admin overview, everything was displayed normally. Even calling up the (except for my own account) empty user list, the empty overviews of my own postings and bookmarks worked. Only when I called up the main forum page with the overview of threads, which was also empty at this time, the page displayed a database error. It concerned queries with ORDER-BY clauses in which columns are to be sorted that are not contained in the SELECT.

I don't know, why this happened (beside the reported syntax error). I suspect an overoptimisation in your performance improvements. However, I have absolutely no proof of this. It's just an assumption because the error did not occure during my tests in the process of the overhaul of the upgrade script I made before applying your optimisations to the repository.

I solved the issue by adding the columns we want to order by to the list of columns to select in the pull request #725. You can view the changes made in the list of changes. It worked with no and also with a few entries in two threads.

Can you please take a look on my work? In my tests, described above, it worked but until now I didn't perform any test with a fresh installation of the current code or with an upgraded forum with previously existing content (users, entries and so on).

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread