First public test release for version 2.4 (2.3.99.2) (General)

by Auge ⌂ @, Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 07:56 (320 days ago)

Hello

You can download a first public testing release for the version 2.4 on Github. I made several fresh installations and also a few updates from version 2.3.5 and 2.3.6.1. Please test the new version and report errors, unexpected behaviours and inconsistency. Reports may go to the issue tracker on Github or, when you have no Github-account (what is most likely), as always to this forum.

Changelog can be seen on the above linked release page or in the file CHANGELOG.

Notes for updaters

If you want to test an update of an existing installation, please make a backup of the database and the installation itself before --or better-- make a parallel test installation of your existing version and upgrade the test- instead your live-forum.

Attention: The update is only possible when the existing installation is a version 2.3.5 or higher!

Attention: Use the update file update/update_2.3.5-2.4.php

Tschö, Auge

--
further development of mlf1

Tags:
2.4, update, development, testing, installation

Next public test release for version 2.4 (2.3.99.3)

by Auge ⌂ @, Sunday, February 05, 2017, 13:42 (309 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

You can download a second public testing release for the version 2.4 on Github. We solved a few bugs and added a form field for removing the gender of an user. Furthermore I added a few HTML-elements to the metadata-block of the entries (who, when, homepage, email, etc., normally shown below the subject of the entry) to make it possible to disable the display not of only one or a few of these metadata but also the commata between them.

Please test the new version and report errors, unexpected behaviours and inconsistency. Reports may go to the issue tracker on Github or, when you have no Github-account (what is most likely), as always to this forum.

Changelog can be seen on the above linked release page or in the file CHANGELOG.

And, as before:

Notes for updaters

If you want to test an update of an existing installation, please make a backup of the database and the installation itself before --or better-- make a parallel test installation of your existing version and upgrade the test- instead your live-forum.

Attention: The update is only possible when the existing installation is a version 2.3.5 or higher!

Tschö, Auge

--

Release of version 2.4

by Auge ⌂ @, Thursday, February 16, 2017, 09:16 (298 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We proudly announce the release of version 2.4 of My Little Forum. The changelog can be read on the release page or in the file CHANGELOG.

Summary:

- bookmarks for the registered users
- helper functions for the forum team
- rework of the new/read status marking
- a few preparations to make more lighter themes possible (more elements, that can be handled by CSS and JavaScript)
- many bugfixes

Reports about bugs and inconsistencies may go to the issue tracker on Github or, when you have no Github-account (what is most likely), as always to this forum.

Notes for updaters

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
release, 2.4

Release of version 2.4.1

by Auge ⌂ @, Monday, February 20, 2017, 19:02 (293 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We fixed a few bugs, that was reported over the last four days and improved a new error message for a new file (config/VERSION). It contains the current version number. This file is mandatory during the installation or update of the forum script since testing version 2.3.99.1.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
2.4, release

Release of version 2.4.2

by Auge ⌂ @, Sunday, March 12, 2017, 13:11 (274 days ago) @ Auge
edited by Auge, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 16:47

Hello

We fixed a few bugs and added a sorting algorithm for the list of updated files and directories in the update script.

You can download the new release 2.4.2 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
2.4, release

Release of version 2.4.3

by Auge ⌂ @, Monday, July 10, 2017, 14:28 (154 days ago) @ Auge
edited by Auge, Monday, July 10, 2017, 14:47

Hello

We worked on the performance of the database requests and made a big step forward mainly with the help of danielb987 (thank you). Additionally we fixed a few bugs, reported by RaHa, danielb987, Magma and Baris. I hope, I didn't forgot one of you important helping hands. Thank you all.

You can download the new release 2.4.3 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Please be aware of two changes in the settings. The settings max_read_items and read_state_expiration_date are gone! Instead we introduced the settings of read_state_expiration_method and read_state_expiration_value.

With read_state_expiration_method you set the method to remove outdated entries of user X read entry Y.

- 0: a read status of an entry, read by a user will remain for the life time of the forum (we have actually no experience with the infuence to performance or data size! please test the function)
- 1: number of entries per user (was setting max_read_items before, default value was increased from 200 to 500!)
- 2: number of days until an entry outdates
- 3: remove entries in the moment, when a thread will be automatically locked

[edit]
With read_state_expiration_value you set the value for read_state_expiration_method values 1 and 2. When the status should be removed with the automatic locking of threads, the value of the days until locking (setting auto_lock_old_threads) will be used instead.
[/edit]

Please report any problems with the new version here.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
2.4, release

Release of version 2.4.4

by Auge ⌂ @, Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 16:49 (68 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We fixed a few bugs (two of them ([1], [2]) was reported by magma, thank you) and improved the error message for the case the file config/VERSION wasn't updated to the new version before running the update script.

You can download the new release 2.4.4 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
2.4, release

Release of version 2.4.5

by Auge ⌂ @, Monday, October 09, 2017, 21:09 (62 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

I fixed a major and obvious bug I introduced in version 2.4.4. Don't ask me why I didn't saw it before releasing 2.4.4. Additionally a never used code fragment was removed from the file entry_inc.tpl of the default template and a small privacy enhancement.

The forum sends, dependent from the browser engine, no referrer to external sites for most actual browsers or, from older browsers, only the domain of the forum but not the complete URL with complete path and parameters.

You can download the new release 2.4.5 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
2.4, release

Release of version 2.4.6

by Auge ⌂ @, Sunday, November 05, 2017, 15:54 (35 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

We fixed a few bugs, reported by Tommy Nilsson, candleman respectively solved with a pull request by the Github user Romchik. The whole directory includes needs to be actualised because of fixes in several files and a reformatting of all scripts in the directory.

The process of reformatting itself did not add functional changes to the scripts. I tested the changed scripts but it might be, that I missed places, where I introduced a new bug (because of reformatting). Please report any unusual behaviour here in the forum or open an issue on Github (if you are a user there).

You can download the new release 2.4.6 from Github or, if you have already installed a 2.4-release, from the menu page of your forums admin area.

Tschö, Auge

--

Tags:
2.4, release

RSS Feed of thread