New 2.2 development snapshot (General)

by Alex ⌂, Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 14:39 (5167 days ago)

Here's a new snapshot of our current development of version 2.2.

New since January 31:

• Micha (Milo [image]) has completely rewritten the JavaScript code! It is now implemented as "unobtrusive JavaScript" without inline scipts. This way HTML is nicely separated from JavaScript and the templates are smaller and cleaner.
    He also managed to replace the prototype/script.aculo.us framework for easy drag-and-drop sorting of smilies, categories and pages in the admin area.

• New TeX BBCode implemented: in the advanced settings you can specify the URL of a TeX image service like http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=tx&chl= (setting bbcode_tex). You can then use the BBCode [tex][/tex] to insert TeX formulas.
    Example:
    [tex]x = \frac{-b \pm \sqrt {b^2-4ac}}{2a}[/tex]
    is converted into
    x = \frac{-b \pm \sqrt {b^2-4ac}}{2a}

• A new thumbnail feature has been implemented for the BBCode [img]: images inserted with [img=thumbnail]http://example.com/image.jpg[/img] are displayed as thumbnail, clicking on them displays them in original size.
    Demo:
    [image] [image]

As there are some new language strings we still need help to update the language files. To make it as easy as possible for the translators I set up a localization wiki. Not yet translated strings are marked with <!-- TODO -->. These files need to be updated:

So far you can just edit these files without registering.

Thanks in advance for testing, commenting and translating!

New 2.2 development snapshot

by Bert, Friday, March 26, 2010, 12:14 (5166 days ago) @ Alex

Wow, nice new implementations!

Both would do perfectly well for "my" forum...

Keep up the good work!

Bert

TeX does not work...?

by Bert @, Friday, March 26, 2010, 15:20 (5165 days ago) @ Alex

Hello Alex,

I tried to make the TeX thing to work on my own test forum but the only thing I see is the attribute of the picture, I do not see the picture itself?

What am I doing wrong? I am doing the same as on your forum here and then it does work. Any idea's?

My forum shows:

[image]

Your forum shows:

x = \frac{-b \pm \sqrt {b^2-4ac}}{2a}

Bert

TeX does not work...?

by Micha ⌂, Friday, March 26, 2010, 15:24 (5165 days ago) @ Bert
edited by Micha, Friday, March 26, 2010, 15:48

Hi Bert,

do you insert the uri of a service (linke http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=tx&chl=) in the forum settings?

Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

TeX does not work...?

by Bert, Friday, March 26, 2010, 16:03 (5165 days ago) @ Micha

Hi Micha,

I tried to find where to put the link but the only line where TeX is mentioned is to turn the feature ON or OFF (I.E. 1 or 0).

Perhaps I am overlooking it but I checked it a few times but could not find anything...

Cheers,

Bert

TeX does not work...?

by Micha ⌂, Friday, March 26, 2010, 16:07 (5165 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert,

TeX is mentioned is to turn the feature ON or OFF (I.E. 1 or 0).

Insert a/the uri of a service instead of 1.

regards Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

TeX does not work...?

by Bert, Friday, March 26, 2010, 16:29 (5165 days ago) @ Micha

Thanks, that did the trick... ;-)

Nice to be able to use TeX again!

Norwegian translation

by Øyvind, Norway, Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 09:13 (5162 days ago) @ Alex

To make it as easy as possible for the translators I set up a localization wiki.

Great! I just translated the Norwegian file. :ok:

Thank you!

by Alex ⌂, Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 19:04 (5161 days ago) @ Øyvind

- No text -

Croatian language updated

by Riba ⌂, Sunday, April 18, 2010, 23:26 (5142 days ago) @ Alex

Updated croatian strings for 2.2 and corrected a handful of typos. Looking forward to the new version! :-)

by Antonio ⌂ @, Oniferi, Italy, Friday, July 30, 2010, 15:23 (5039 days ago) @ Alex

I'd like to give my contribute to the Italian translation. I see there are some typos and missing string translation.
How can I edit the file or the page? I registered to the wiki but no editing capabilities are given to my status.

Thanks in advance.
Antonio

by Riba ⌂, Tuesday, August 03, 2010, 09:57 (5036 days ago) @ Antonio

Same here.

RSS Feed of thread