2.4.20 --> 2.5 Upgrade Notes (Development)

by friday-admin, Saturday, April 06, 2024, 23:25 (23 days ago) @ Auge

Hello Auge and Micha,
Hello everyone,

thanks for the effort you put into development of MLF! :)

Like probably most other users, I only read here occasionally. I therefore apologize for only seeing the notice now.

I'm running 2.4.20 with about 600.000 posts.
I tried update/update_2.4.19-2.5.php. I downloaded it today from github.

Result:
I experienced the same issues as Joe I. So the update process is at least consistent over different systems. ;)

The update ran for 5 min, which may be relevant for admins who set a time out for running php scripts.

After 5 min, the following error occurs:
Database error in line 298: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ' KEY `b8_spam` (`spam`), KEY `B8_training_type` (`training_type`)) ENGINE=Inn...' at line 1

I already tried the new versions a few months ago and I came to the same conclusion as Joe I:

2) In your original comments, you note that this upgrade doesn't include any much discussed database performance fixes. Our site DB is quite large (~500,000 posts), and runs very slowly on any 2.5 version of MLF due to the performance of some read queries which JOIN on the new Spam tables.

My solution a few months ago was to manually remove all joins with spam tables, since I don't need the spam detection functions. But it was still slow and it's surely not the best solution to fork every release.

That's the reason why I'm still running on 2.4.20. ;)

If I can help in any way, please let me know!

Best regards

Florian

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread