2.4.24 --> 20220803.1 --> 20240308.1 Upgrade Notes (Development)

by Auge ⌂, Monday, April 01, 2024, 16:47 (28 days ago) @ Joe I

Hello Joe,

I found another error in the upgrade script, which could have influence the performance of the queries, that reads the akismet rating table. In another thread from the last year someone (I thought it was you but I do not find the posting) reported, that the table mlf2_akismet_rating lacks two of the indexes, when the new version was an upgrade and not a fresh installation.

Because ot this I aaded code to check the presence of indexes in every case of an upgrade of this table [1] and to add the indexes when they are missing. But I copy'n'pasted the ALTER-TABLE-query and did not replace the table name with the correct one. So the check notices the missing indexes, but the ALTER-TABLE-query tries to create the index in the wrong table. Nothing happens there, as the column in question does not exist there, but the index is still missing in the correct place.

I corrected the upgrade script today but I have not a forum with enough content to make a proper query-speed-test. Can you please check for a possibly changed loading performance in your testing forum after applying the changes from the linked commit? Thank you in advance.

Tschö, Auge

[1]: every upgrade case except the upgrade starting with versions 2.4.19 to 2.4.24, where the table gets created

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread