How do I change the colors of My Litte Forum? (Design/Themes)

by danielb987, Friday, March 17, 2017, 11:45 (2569 days ago)

Some of the users of my forum have trouble to see the difference between "visited links" and "non visited links" on the forum and need a greater contrast. So I need to change at least one of the colors.

I have looked at the files style.css and style.min.css in the folder themes\default but I'm not sure where to change. Is #00c the color to change in order to change the color of visited links? Which color has non visited links?

Best regards,
Daniel

How do I change the colors of My Litte Forum?

by Auge ⌂, Friday, March 17, 2017, 13:00 (2569 days ago) @ danielb987

Hello

Some of the users of my forum have trouble to see the difference between "visited links" and "non visited links" on the forum and need a greater contrast. So I need to change at least one of the colors.

Look for a.read:visited for registered and logged in users and for a.thread:visited, a.thread-sticky:visited, a.thread-sticky-locked:visited, a.thread-locked:visited, a.threadnew-sticky:visited, a.threadnew-sticky-locked:visited, a.threadnew-locked:visited, a.threadnew:visited, a.reply:visited and last, but not least for a.replynew:visited.

As you see, it's a mess that needs a rework. The classes addresses the different icons in front of the links. This complicated system was introduced to support IE6 because this s*** of a browser did not support several classes for one element.

I have looked at the files style.css and style.min.css in the folder themes\default but I'm not sure where to change. Is #00c the color to change in order to change the color of visited links? Which color has non visited links?

In the default template the visited links get the colour #007. Unvisited links (a[.optional-classname]:link) get the colour #00c (or #0000cc).

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

by danielb987, Friday, March 17, 2017, 13:56 (2569 days ago) @ Auge

Thanks.

The YUI Compressor has moved to this location:
http://yui.github.io/yuicompressor/

The link to the YUI Compressor that is in the CSS file does not work anymore.

Best regards,
Daniel

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, March 19, 2017, 12:56 (2567 days ago) @ danielb987

Hello

Thank you for the report.

The YUI Compressor has moved to this location:
http://yui.github.io/yuicompressor/

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

RSS Feed of thread