Prerelease 2.3.99.2, we need feedback! (General)

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, February 02, 2017, 14:03 (2632 days ago)
edited by Auge, Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 08:01

Hello

We served the testing release 2.3.99.2 over one week ago. Is there anyone, who installed this version? If yes, occured any errors or unexpected behaviours? Please report back and also report back, when you are pleased. It's not possible to decide wich next step to go, when we get no feedback.

If not, why not?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Prerelease 2.3.99.2, we need feedback!

by bernard sibanda ⌂ @, South Africa, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 07:39 (2487 days ago) @ Auge
edited by Auge, Tuesday, October 10, 2017, 08:02

I have just installed my little forum. I love its simplicity. We will give feedback on features positive feeback because you did a good job.

by Alex ⌂, Sunday, July 09, 2017, 14:54 (2475 days ago) @ Auge

Hi,

just noticed: the refresh / reset new and read postings button does not reset the postings.

Alex

by Auge ⌂, Monday, July 10, 2017, 07:37 (2474 days ago) @ Alex

Hello Alex

just noticed: the refresh / reset new and read postings button does not reset the postings.

Yes, that's intended. Milo, glorifyday and me had a longish dispute about the intentions of your function and the partially opposing assumptions of "the" users. The fact, that the class for read entries was removed, when one used the refresh-link, was counter intuitive (not only IMHO). Thatswhy and because of the ineffective storing structure ((natively) 200 ids of read entries in a comma separated list in the userdata table) the function got a rework.

Long story short:

- the fact, that an entry was read by a registered user, is stored in a new table (entry-id, user-id, date of the last access)
- the status is stored until ...
- an amount of entries is stored, remove oldest entries (old behaviour) or ...
- a period of time passed or ...
- when a forum admin activated the close-threads-automatically, the status-entries will be removed to
- the refresh-link only refreshes the main views, it does not remove the new-status or remove the read-status

The new-status remains until an entry was in fact read. But until now (2.4.2) this function is buggy, because entries that was removed from the status-table get marked as "new" again. Additionally we have the problem, that the setting for the amount of read-marked entries was taken from the old function and is with the value of 200 much to low. On your forum not even all entries on the first main page are marked as read. With the version 2.4.3 (at the moment in the starting block) I hope, I got it solved.

Not registered visitors got entries with new-status, when they send the cookie for the last visit. They got no read-status, but instead the pseudo-class :visited for the links in their actual browser.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

RSS Feed of thread