I can't post here while logged in (General)

by bubba_not_logged_in @, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 02:48 (2787 days ago)

Everything I try to post comes up with a spam warning, even if the subject and message are simply the word test. I don't quite see how that is spam, or how removing links will fix it, as the useless error message suggests.

As a result of this, I haven't been able to make a post while logged in for several months.

Maybe someone with back end access should look into that....

I did send a message through the contact form today, but I thought I should post here as well.

Just in case ;-)

I can't post here while logged in

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 15:22 (2787 days ago) @ bubba_not_logged_in

Hello

Everything I try to post comes up with a spam warning, even if the subject and message are simply the word test.

Only for clarification: You can't post while you are logged in in this forum (the project forum)?

Maybe someone with back end access should look into that....

I don't have the access to the backend. Milo? Alex?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

I can't post here while logged in

by Micha ⌂, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 15:38 (2787 days ago) @ Auge

Hi Auge,

Milo?

No, I don't have access.

Alex?

Hopefully, yes. ;-)

/Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

I can't post anywhere while logged in...

by bubba_not_logged in, Thursday, September 01, 2016, 18:32 (2786 days ago) @ Auge

Sorry, didn't realize I was still in the dev section, I was reading through the thread you posted on responsive themes and forgot to change back before posting.

But, no, I can't post anywhere when logged in, not even the sandbox thread.

On the up side, I can't use my user name on these posts because it is taken, so at least that is functioning properly ;-)

by Auge ⌂, Friday, September 02, 2016, 11:04 (2786 days ago) @ bubba_not_logged in

Hello

But, no, I can't post anywhere when logged in, not even the sandbox thread.

This is not the information, I asked for. :-) You can't post only in this forum installation or not in any installation (yours or soemone elses forum)?

On the up side, I can't use my user name on these posts because it is taken, so at least that is functioning properly ;-)

At least one plus factor. ;-)

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

by bubba_nli, Friday, September 02, 2016, 22:25 (2785 days ago) @ Auge

This is not the information, I asked for. :-) You can't post only in this forum installation or not in any installation (yours or soemone elses forum)?

Yes, that got right by me, sorry about that.

The problem is only here, the two installs I have running elsewhere seem to be fine, I just checked them to make sure. Both installs are up to date, so I doubt it's a bug in the forum code per se. The spam filtering here is pretty aggressive and I'm guessing it's related to that somehow.

I just got to wondering if I had ever made a successful post after creating a user account here. I see I made one successful post while logged in but that was in Feb. 2014, previous to that I was posting as a guest here.

Perplexing...

RSS Feed of thread