Order by importance (Project organisation)

by Michael ⌂ @, Magyarország, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 18:01 (3509 days ago)

Can anybody tell me how I could order the posts in a category? I want to order by importance so I need a manual way. I found a Move command but I could not figure out how it works.

I would also like to order the categories,

Thank you in advance for your help
Michael

Order by importance

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 09:08 (3508 days ago) @ Michael

Hallo

Can anybody tell me how I could order the posts in a category? I want to order by importance so I need a manual way.

To clarify: Do you mean postings (single messages) or do you mean threads (a set of messages i.e. as questions and answers)?

What is your criterion to decide the importance of a posting or a thread? There is no built in like- or dislike-function.

I found a Move command but I could not figure out how it works.

With the move command you can declare a posting, a part of a thread or a whole thread as child of a specific posting.

As an example: The test messages in this forum every now and then, often from a mystic user named asdf, should be pinned to the thread Test Thread (Sandbox). I will open the test message, klick the move-link, answer the question to move the posting, the posting whith it's answers or the whole thread, tell the script the ID of the target posting (in this case the 2677) and start the action with a button klick. The test message will now appear as an answer to the opening posting of the named test thread.

I would also like to order the categories,

This is a function in the admin area. Search there for the term categories. As first you'll see a list with your categories with buttons to order. Nothing you can miss.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Order by importance

by Michael @, Friday, August 22, 2014, 13:14 (3506 days ago) @ Auge

Hi Auge

Thank you for your reply. Let me be a more specific. Look at the following page:
https://www.tinacloud.com/tinaui/forum/index.php?mode=index&category=14
All the posts here were made by us, this is like a little course of circuit theory.
But I would like to put "Ohm's Law" (currently the last on the list) to the 1st place, DC Voltage Division to the 2nd etc. by the logic of this material. Can you tell how I can do this?
Best
Michael

Order by importance

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 20:05 (3501 days ago) @ Michael

Hello

Thank you for your reply. Let me be a more specific. Look at the following page:
https://www.tinacloud.com/tinaui/forum/index.php?mode=index&category=14
All the posts here were made by us, this is like a little course of circuit theory.
But I would like to put "Ohm's Law" (currently the last on the list) to the 1st place, DC Voltage Division to the 2nd etc. by the logic of this material. Can you tell how I can do this?

Ok, that's IMHO an irregular – at least very specific – usecase for a forum software. A message has a timestamp and the messages are ordered by the timestamp (opening posting or last answer or …). You can edit the timestamp of the postings in the database (i.e. with phpMyAdmin) to ensure a specific order. You have to control and reorder the existing entries with every new entry.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

RSS Feed of thread