Trying to find <p> in posting templates. (Design/Themes)

by sam452, Sunday, December 01, 2013, 01:47 (3771 days ago)

I'm hoping someone can point me to something that I'm not seeing in the templates. I'm trying to indent the <p> of a forum posting to make it easier to pick out from the rest of the forum template. That is to say the url would be:
mywebsite.com/index.php?id=x which shows the post with the author, signature and Pose reply divs. It's all within the "posting" div and it's the <p> tag after the "author" div which I've found in /themes/default/subtemplates/entry.inc.tpl

It appears to be using the smarty template:

{if $posting}
{$posting}
{else}
<p>{#no_text#}</p>
{/if}

OK, so I've been scouring the posting includes but haven't zeroed in on the <p> that covers the text of $posting.

Why wouldn't I just adjust the CSS of #content p ? Doing that, the entire contents above and below shift over and I want to zero in on the <p> element of the posting and put it in its own class to isolate it from whereever the <p> tag is used within the application of content.

Hope this makes some sense.

thanx, sam

[image]

I think I understand what you want

by Bubba @, Sunday, December 01, 2013, 05:02 (3771 days ago) @ sam452

I also think you are making this more difficult for yourself than needed. If you just want to move the entry text over a bit, all you need to do is put a div tag around the if statement you posted and set it's left edge where you want it...

<div style="margin-left:10px;">
{if $posting}
{$posting}
{else}
<p>{#no_text#}</p>
{/if}
</div>

That's the basic idea, apply the css however you like ;)

I think I understand what you want

by sam452, Sunday, December 01, 2013, 10:41 (3771 days ago) @ Bubba

Yes, that certainly solves the problem! Thanks for your eyes on this, sam

RSS Feed of thread