Tracer IP (Technics)

by gourou gougounne, Saturday, August 24, 2013, 02:15 (3892 days ago)

Hello guys,

Is it possible to place a tracer IP settings in the forum? Is there a way to do it?

Thank you to answer me. :ok:

Gourou Gougounne

Tracer IP

by Auge ⌂, Saturday, August 24, 2013, 15:38 (3891 days ago) @ gourou gougounne
edited by Auge, Saturday, August 24, 2013, 15:43

Hello

Is it possible to place a tracer IP settings in the forum? Is there a way to do it?

If I'm right, the admin of the forum can see the IP of the poster in the title row of the posting [edit]as a tooltip[/edit]. Moderators, registered users or unregistered visitors are unable to see the IP.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Tracer IP

by gourou gougounne, Sunday, August 25, 2013, 07:31 (3891 days ago) @ Auge

Hello

If I'm right, the admin of the forum can see the IP of the poster in the title row of the posting [edit]as a tooltip[/edit]. Moderators, registered users or unregistered visitors are unable to see the IP.

Tschö, Auge

Sorry, I misspoke.

What you told me, I already know is that I want to know if there is an application to trace the IP of visitors who watch the forum. If they do not write, it is rather difficult to see their IP.

Thank you for reply, I will look at the gadgets on the web to see if there is not one that would Geolocator ip visitors.

Gourou Gougounne

Most “viewers” = bots

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Sunday, August 25, 2013, 12:22 (3890 days ago) @ gourou gougounne
edited by Alfie, Sunday, August 25, 2013, 12:39

Hi Gourou Gougounne!

What you told me, I already know is that I want to know if there is an application to trace the IP of visitors who watch the forum. If they do not write, it is rather difficult to see their IP.

[…] I will look at the gadgets on the web to see if there is not one that would Geolocator ip visitors.

Can you elaborate a little on what you actually want to achieve? If have MaxMind’s GeoLite Country implemented in my forum (no big deal). Since the IP and resolved country is only visible to mods/admins see here for the last 20 posts (which is public). IMHO, this makes only sense to geolocate posts. Of course you could query the forum’s useronline_table, but in my experience at least 90% of “viewer’s” IPs resolve to search engines. You would have to built up a – probably large – table on your own in order to exclude their address-ranges. Good luck for Google & Co’s server-farms.

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

Most “viewers” = bots

by gourou gougounne, Sunday, August 25, 2013, 13:42 (3890 days ago) @ Alfie

Hello Alfie,

I use this application ==> http://www.geovisite.com/fr/ to see the visitors connected on my forum. Except that it does not give me Geolocator the IP of the visitors. Why would I want to see a Geolocator IP? This is because there is a troll who likes to raise hell and I had to put my forum that people must register to participate. I hate it!

I can not give the link to my forum (we are French Quebec) because it is a free service abroad and that eventually winks.ws

So, I wonder if there Geolocators giving ip visitors.

Gourou Gougounne

Most “viewers” = bots

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Sunday, August 25, 2013, 13:55 (3890 days ago) @ gourou gougounne

Hi Gourou Gougounne,

[…] there is a troll who likes to raise hell and I had to put my forum that people must register to participate. I hate it!

Well, open forums are prone to spamming.

So, I wonder if there Geolocators giving ip visitors.

Sorry, I still don’t get it. Do you still face troll post in your “registered users only” forum? Why are you concerned about visitors?

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

Most “viewers” = bots

by gourou gougounne, Sunday, August 25, 2013, 15:46 (3890 days ago) @ Alfie

Sorry, I still don’t get it. Do you still face troll post in your “registered users only” forum? Why are you concerned about visitors?

Hi Alfie,

The troll in question likes to ask for passwords by clicking on the link, I forgot my password. Having its IP as I see it when connected to the forum Geolocator I could barred its ip proxy-anonymous to use, even if I have to fill in the list of IP barred.

To force enclose a point he can no longer in use! :-D

Do you understand better why my request ?

Gourou Gougounne

ZB Block

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Sunday, August 25, 2013, 16:11 (3890 days ago) @ gourou gougounne

Hi Gourou Gougounne,

Do you understand better why my request ?

Now I got it. ;-) I had similar issues with fake registrations etc. My block-list in the .htaccess grew larger and larger… For almost a year now I have ZB Block in place. Easy to set up, no worries any more (see here).

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

RSS Feed of thread