Embeding forum in to css frameset (Design/Themes)

by grognard, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 19:37 (4139 days ago)

So .. most of the sites using mylittleforum are using css framesets with a wrapper and the usual pagoda of div tags for content containers.

I have been wondering how to embed mylittleforum in to a div e.g. content of my website like this? I have my wrapper set up with my sections prepped ie. logo, header, nav, content, footer etc. All looks good with css in dreamweaver but how do I put the forum in to the content div? I'm new to web design and still learning - I figured it would be as simple as putting the contents of index.php from my forum install in to the content dov but that obviously doesnt work. :-D

I have read that this forum is easy to embed in this fashion, but I don't understand what part of the mylittleforum I have to call. Since it uses a php index to call all the other forum stuff, just looking at the code of my forum index doesn't really help. :-(

Embeding forum in to css frameset

by grognard, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 20:26 (4139 days ago) @ grognard

Hello again this forum seems to be dead so I will go and try to answer my own post in the hope someone can be bothered to at least tell me if I am on the right track. :-D

I am guessing here - but - main.tpl in the theme dir looks a lot like the source output of the forums main index in the browser. So I will try and implant my wrapper here in this file and append my wrapper css inc nav bar etc code on to the main mylittleforum theme style.css at the end ...

:-D

by Micha ⌂, Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 07:00 (4139 days ago) @ grognard

Hi,

this forum seems to be dead

Why do you think so? The last stable version was publised at 2012-12-01. Regardless of this fakt, this project is still a (open source) leisure project. With the download, you will not receive 24 hour support.

I think you're wrong with the statement:

most of the sites using mylittleforum are using css frameset

I belive, most of the sites using this forum as a stand-alone page.

cu
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by grognard, Wednesday, December 19, 2012, 13:04 (4138 days ago) @ Micha

Yes you are quite right, I am sorry. Poor choice of language. I also forgot what time of year it is! Oops.

I figured the css frame stuff out anyway. It is indeed just a case of modifying main.tpl with your layout object tags and you can just append any custom css for the wrapper etc to the style.min.css file as I suspected.

example: http://grognard.net/forum/index.php?mode=index

Hopefully this will be useful to other newbs like myself wondering how to embed my little forum in a frameset.

RSS Feed of thread