Install erros - SQL error, command denied to user (General)

by dcrogers, Saturday, December 01, 2012, 16:12 (4161 days ago)
edited by dcrogers, Saturday, December 01, 2012, 17:10

Hello all, I'm VERY new to installing forums and running into an error with installing MLF. On the first step of the installation (entering Basic Settings, Admin, Database, etc...) I'm getting a long list of SQL errors like:

SQL error (MySQL: CREATE command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_banlists')

I don't know SQL or PHP so I'm really lost here. I've set permissions for the templates_c folder to '777' (also tried 770 and 775) and config/db_settings.php to '666'. Not sure what else to do!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Install erros - SQL error, command denied to user

by Micha ⌂, Saturday, December 01, 2012, 16:20 (4161 days ago) @ dcrogers

Hi,

SQL error (MySQL: CREATE command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_banlists')

You don't have the right to create a table in the selected databse. Was this the first SQL-Error? Can you give the full list of errors? (Please make username/passwords unreadable)

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by dcrogers, Saturday, December 01, 2012, 16:24 (4161 days ago) @ Micha

Thanks for the response. Here's most of the list (without real username and IP):

SQL error (MySQL: CREATE command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_categories')
SQL error (MySQL: CREATE command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_entries')
SQL error (MySQL: CREATE command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_settings')
SQL error (MySQL: CREATE command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_smilies')
SQL error (MySQL: CREATE command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_userdata')
SQL error (MySQL: CREATE command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_pages')
SQL error (MySQL: CREATE command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_useronline')
SQL error (MySQL: CREATE command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_logincontrol')
SQL error (MySQL: CREATE command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_entries_cache')
SQL error (MySQL: CREATE command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_userdata_cache')
SQL error (MySQL: INSERT command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_banlists')
SQL error (MySQL: INSERT command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_banlists')
SQL error (MySQL: INSERT command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_settings')
SQL error (MySQL: INSERT command denied to user 'myusername'@'myIPaddress' for table 'mlf2_settings')

by Micha ⌂, Saturday, December 01, 2012, 16:29 (4161 days ago) @ dcrogers

Hi,

okay, seems always be the same error. Do you have privileges to CREATE or DELETE SQL-tables at your database? Maybe, you must CREATE the tables directly and not via PHP script.

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by dcrogers, Saturday, December 01, 2012, 16:33 (4161 days ago) @ Micha

I'm assuming since I'm getting all these errors that I do not have permissions, but I can't find anything like a list of users in the phpadmin for the database that would let me change permissions. I tried manually creating a table from the phpadmin and could do so...

by dcrogers, Saturday, December 01, 2012, 16:35 (4161 days ago) @ Micha

Spoke to soon about being able to manually create a table…I got the same 'command denied to user' message. Any idea how I add permissions to this user?

by Micha ⌂, Saturday, December 01, 2012, 17:08 (4161 days ago) @ dcrogers

Hi,

Any idea how I add permissions to this user?

A root-user (or super-user) can give you the privileges. Please, ask your provider.

regards
Micha

--

by dcrogers, Saturday, December 01, 2012, 17:08 (4161 days ago) @ Micha

Figured it out…the user I had created was a Read-only user. I deleted the db, created it again WITHOUT the read-only user and tried again--successful so far! Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

by Micha ⌂, Saturday, December 01, 2012, 17:09 (4161 days ago) @ dcrogers

Figured it out…the user I had created was a Read-only user.

Okay, have fun with MLF ;-)

--

RSS Feed of thread