Move installed mylittleforum to a new server (Technics)

by Saravanan @, India, Friday, October 05, 2012, 10:52 (4214 days ago)

Hi, I have installed mylittleforum on a server. As I need to move this forum to my new server, I just moved the files and replicated the database (All files and data are same). But the forum in new server shows a blank white page. The source of the blankpage is as follows.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "--link--">
<html xmlns="--link--" xml:lang="en" dir="ltr">
<head>
<title>

As you can see, it stops executing at <title> tag. I removed the links as the forum gives out spam warning.

But the same thing works fine if have the copied instance in the same server.

Please help me where I am missing in moving the forum.
Thanks in advance

Move installed mylittleforum to a new server

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Friday, October 05, 2012, 14:25 (4213 days ago) @ Saravanan

Dear Saravanan,

stupid question: Have you updated config/db_settings.php to reflect your new server? I guess the name of the database, user, and password will differ from your old installation.

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

by Saravanan @, India, Saturday, October 06, 2012, 04:38 (4213 days ago) @ Alfie

Thanks Alfie,
Ya, I have made the changes in the file db_settings.php already. Also the required tables of the forum are in the DB. But still only a white page appears. I need to confirm whether it is possible to do such a move of installed forum from one server to another. If possible, is there any procedure for it.
Thanks in advance.

by Micha ⌂, Saturday, October 06, 2012, 12:14 (4213 days ago) @ Saravanan

Hi,

do you still delete the files in templates_c?

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by Saravanan @, India, Saturday, October 06, 2012, 12:24 (4213 days ago) @ Micha

Ya, thats were I missed out. Thanks a lot. Its working fine.

RSS Feed of thread