Smilies once more (Features)

by Ralph & Sandra ⌂ @, Frankfurt, Germany, Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 12:11 (4412 days ago)

I have done my best to read all the postings I could find on the subject, but found nothing directly pertinent to my problem. And I admit that I have a forum which is quite old, but would appreciate it if you don't just say, "please upgrade and try again..."

I am actually quite inactive on my homepage in general, but the forum remains as a possiblity for people not to feel cut off. Recently, I saw that the smiles no longer appear.

I am of course willing to enter the smiley codes manually if I can find them somewhere, a screen hardcopy or similar would do. But if you see something blatant on my forum which might be causing the error please let me know! As it is, the :smileynames: do irritate a bit when they don't work.

And keep up your great work with a great product.

All the best,
Ralph (& Sandra)

Forum v1.x

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 14:21 (4412 days ago) @ Ralph & Sandra

Dear both!

[…] I admit that I have a forum which is quite old, but would appreciate it if you don't just say, "please upgrade and try again..."

No problem; mine is v1.8… Maybe it’s better to post again at the ‘old’ forum.

I am actually quite inactive on my homepage in general, but the forum remains as a possiblity for people not to feel cut off. Recently, I saw that the smiles no longer appear.

Can you check whether the GIFs are still available at your server (sub-folder /img/smilies/)?

As it is, the :smileynames: do irritate a bit when they don't work.

If I look at the HTML-source code in your forum it seems that you have deactivated the smilies (otherwise the link to the file(s) should still exist and display the content of the alt-tag instead).

Smilies
Sollen Smilies durch Bilder ersetzt werden? > ● JaNein

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

RSS Feed of thread