How to lock just one certain thread (Features)

by Allegra ⌂ @, Canada, Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 20:20 (4693 days ago)

It appears one of my threads has been targeted by spam. How do I lock posting to just that one thread?

How to lock just one certain thread

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, June 15, 2011, 22:53 (4692 days ago) @ Allegra

Hello

It appears one of my threads has been targeted by spam. How do I lock posting to just that one thread?

You can lock the whole thread or a single posting in a thread. There are links for it wich are provided to admins and moderators (at bottom of the posting).

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

by Allegra ⌂ @, Canada, Wednesday, June 15, 2011, 23:47 (4692 days ago) @ Auge

What do you mean by "lock a posting". A posting is a single statement typed by a single user at a single moment in time. Do you mean lock it from being modified?

So I looked and saw the "lock" icon at the bottom of the first posting of the thread. So if I click on that, it locks the entire thread? I never saw it anywhere else (it wasn't in any other posting beneath that first posting). And by the way I use table view as the default.

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, June 16, 2011, 13:07 (4692 days ago) @ Allegra

Hello

What do you mean by "lock a posting". A posting is a single statement typed by a single user at a single moment in time. Do you mean lock it from being modified?

Lock it from being modified and answered.

So I looked and saw the "lock" icon at the bottom of the first posting of the thread. So if I click on that, it locks the entire thread? I never saw it anywhere else (it wasn't in any other posting beneath that first posting).

Look at the image. This is what I see as a moderator of this forum. Administrators should have the same elements. Yellow markings for locking the current posting, red one for locking and unlocking the whole thread.

[image]

Tschö, Auge

--

by Allegra ⌂ @, Canada, Thursday, June 16, 2011, 22:58 (4691 days ago) @ Auge

I see the YELLOW lock at the bottom of the first post of the thread, and no lock options in any other post below it. No RED lock at all.

by Auge ⌂, Friday, June 17, 2011, 10:12 (4691 days ago) @ Allegra

Hello

I see the YELLOW lock at the bottom of the first post of the thread, and no lock options in any other post below it. No RED lock at all.

You can't see it here or in your own forum (as administrator)?

Tschö, Auge

--

by Allegra ⌂ @, Canada, Friday, June 17, 2011, 23:02 (4690 days ago) @ Auge

haha, I thought it would go without saying. I'd have to be pretty dumb not to see them in your page. I mean in my own forum. Keep in mind also that my forum (at 3Dbeading.com) is 2 years old. Thanks.

RSS Feed of thread