Table view (Features)

by Alex ⌂, Thursday, April 26, 2007, 20:17 (6208 days ago)

How about this (maybe you have to reload/clear cache as the CSS file has been edited)? Actually it is mainly a template modification of the former "Fold threads" feature.

Alex

Table view

by bttr ⌂, Berlin, Germany, Friday, April 27, 2007, 08:09 (6208 days ago) @ Alex

I liked "Fold threads" more. :-D

Table view

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Friday, April 27, 2007, 11:49 (6207 days ago) @ Alex

How about this (maybe you have to reload/clear cache as the CSS file has been edited)? Actually it is mainly a template modification of the former "Fold threads" feature.

1. The majority of users in my forum opted for the old mix-view; therefore I'm using it as my default.
2. I like it also myself, but
3. the table layout was problematic

I agree with bttr that the former 'fold threads' was nice (maybe we can keep both options alive).

Right now space of the viewport is 'wasted' since the two divs containg the latest postings / the tag-clouds prevent the table 'spreading' to the right. IMHO this can't be solved by means of CSS (the width of the table is chosen by the rendering engine of the browser in the first row of the table).
A possibility would be to move the recent postings / tag-cloud divs to the top of the page and modified them in a way that they consume just a little vertical space (mainly shorten the lastest posting to something like: 'Subject 1' - HH:MM ago, 'Subject 2' - HH:MM ago...)

Remark: the font-size of 'Category' field does not scale.

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

Table view

by Alex ⌂, Saturday, April 28, 2007, 13:09 (6206 days ago) @ Alfie

I agree with bttr that the former 'fold threads' was nice (maybe we can keep both options alive).

OK.

A possibility would be to move the recent postings / tag-cloud divs to the top of the page [...]

I put it under the table now.

Which browser? I just noticed that the search field has still px values (but whether it scales or not doesn't necessarily depend on em or px - I used em mainly in order that sizes of containers scale as well as font sizes in most browsers).

Alex

Table view

by Alfie ⌂, Vienna, Austria, Saturday, April 28, 2007, 18:30 (6206 days ago) @ Alex

Which browser?

Of course our old friend IE6 ;-)
The class '.category' in all it's variants currently is fixed to '11px'.

I just noticed that the search field has still px values (but whether it scales or not doesn't necessarily depend on em or px - I used em mainly in order that sizes of containers scale as well as font sizes in most browsers).

Yes, that's fine!

--
Cheers,
Alfie (Helmut Schütz)
BEBA-Forum (v1.8β)

Table view

by needhelp338, Saturday, April 28, 2007, 17:42 (6206 days ago) @ Alex

Alex, it's brilliant. I like how you have both FOLD threads and TABLE options.

So the default is THREAD view, EXPAND threads, correct ? I think this will work ver well. I am excited about 2.0.

RSS Feed of thread