How to set Moderator rights? (General)

by litttob, Thursday, November 25, 2010, 15:07 (4904 days ago)

Hi,
i want to make a few user to moderators.
But i dont want them to delete or edit topics from other moderators/users. The should just be able to delete oder edit there own topics. Is there a way to change the rights of the mods?

Regards and Thanks!

How to set Moderator rights?

by Micha ⌂, Friday, November 26, 2010, 12:47 (4903 days ago) @ litttob

Hi,

Is there a way to change the rights of the mods?

No, there insn't. It is only possible to define global admins and moderators.

regards
Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

by tcolgan001, Thursday, July 07, 2011, 19:22 (4680 days ago) @ Micha

Would this concept of per topic moderation be difficult to implement?

I'm considering making the changes myself, but would appreciate your opinion on how difficult a task it would be.

Basically, I want the user who creates the topic to become the moderator.

Thanks for your input.

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, July 10, 2011, 15:47 (4677 days ago) @ tcolgan001

Hello

Would this concept of per topic moderation be difficult to implement?

I'm considering making the changes myself, but would appreciate your opinion on how difficult a task it would be.

In the current implementation you have four ranks:

• unregistered visitors (may be able to read topics, may also be able to write and edit own postings for a given time)
  • registered users (read and write access, may be able te edit own postings for a given time)
  • moderators (read and write access, can edit and delete postings except admins postings)
  • admins (with full read and write access to all postings)

Aditional ranks needs a flexible access management. This is not implemented. Most of the access rights are hard coded, some, like edit time for postings or right to read or read and write for unregistered visitors, can be changed by the admin(s).

Basically, I want the user who creates the topic to become the moderator.

This can be done by changing the hard coded access rights in two or three of the scripts. But your changes will get lost during the next update of the script.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

by tcolgan001, Tuesday, July 12, 2011, 15:12 (4675 days ago) @ Auge

Thanks Auge.

Perhaps an alternative approach would be to create a site based on multiple forums. Each topic originator would be assigned his/her own forum to create topics which they would then have rights to moderate.

Guess I need to study the code a bit to decide on the best approach.

RSS Feed of thread