Normal users >> edit postings (Bugs)

by Øyvind ⌂ @, Norway, Friday, April 02, 2010, 13:24 (5110 days ago)

I don't know whether this is a bug, but I got a notice from one of my users that the edit feature for normal users have disappeared. To check I logged in with a normal user, and it seems to be correct. Admins and moderators are allowed to edit. This is strange as I have not tampered with the settings as of late.

I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.4 but the problem still persists. I use the following settings:

[image]

Is it me, or is it a bug? :lookaround:

Steps to reproduce:

• Add a new post, or reply to an existing.
  • Try to edit it immediately after adding it.

Expected: Edit buttons should appear
Actual: No edit button appears

Normal users >> edit postings

by Alex ⌂, Friday, April 02, 2010, 15:02 (5110 days ago) @ Øyvind

Hi Øyvind,

Is it me, or is it a bug? :lookaround:

I couldn't reproduce it with a new 2.1.4 installation, see here. Do you still use the templates of an oder version?

Alex

by Øyvind ⌂ @, Norway, Friday, April 02, 2010, 15:18 (5110 days ago) @ Alex

Hi

No, I have two installations, both of which have new 2.1.4 template folders. I'll investigate a little further later tonight.

by Øyvind ⌂ @, Norway, Friday, April 02, 2010, 20:15 (5110 days ago) @ Øyvind

I have now uploaded a newly downloaded untouched folder with MLF 2.1.4 and connected it to an existing MLF database. I still cannot edit my own postings.

Next step: Made a clean installation with new MLF tables. Default settings, except that changed Editing postings to "all users can edit their own postings". I'm still not able to edit my own posts.

You can test it with user name/pw user/123.

(and yes, I can edit this post)

by Alex ⌂, Friday, April 02, 2010, 20:57 (5110 days ago) @ Øyvind

Next step: Made a clean installation with new MLF tables.

There seems to be something wrong withe the server time: Directly after posting a message it says: "1 hours, 59 minutes ago". So the edit period has already expired after posting. It seems like there's a time difference between web server and database server.

Alex

by Øyvind ⌂ @, Norway, Friday, April 02, 2010, 21:36 (5110 days ago) @ Alex

Ah, of course, that must be it! Your hands are clean then.

Thanks for sorting it out. :-)

RSS Feed of thread