Difference between v1.7 and v2.0 ?? (General)

by needhelp338, Saturday, April 21, 2007, 19:28 (6208 days ago)

Can someone tell me briefly what are the differences between version 1.7 and version 2.0 ?

As far as I know, these are the only differences, but please correct me if I am wrong.

1) In version 2.0, template layout is done through Smarty.

2) Version 2.0 has the "bubble" feature that allows you to preview the content of a post without clicking it.

3) New anti-spam functions in version 2.0

4) Version 2.0 has a new display called BOARD VIEW (linear table), and MIX VIEW (table with message trees) in addition to the THREAD and BOARD views that come with version 1.7. Can someone show me what the BOARD VIEW LINEAR TABLE and MIX VIEW look like? I can't seem to find an example of MIX view from this site. Thanks.

Thanks...please add or correct my post if I left out anything...

Difference between v1.7 and v2.0 ??

by Alex ⌂, Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:27 (6207 days ago) @ needhelp338

1) ... 2) ... 3) ...

yes.

4) Version 2.0 has a new display called BOARD VIEW (linear table), and MIX VIEW (table with message trees)

The other way around: since version 2 I tried to do it without the different views because I think these different views are more confusing than helpful (see also here). Above all there are already enough bulletin boards. ;-)

Alex

Difference between v1.7 and v2.0 ??

by needhelp338, Sunday, April 22, 2007, 21:15 (6207 days ago) @ Alex

4) Version 2.0 has a new display called BOARD VIEW (linear table), and MIX VIEW (table with message trees)

The other way around: since version 2 I tried to do it without the different views because I think these different views are more confusing than helpful (see also here). Above all there are already enough bulletin boards. ;-)

Alex

Thanks.

The version I am using has only BOARD view and THREAD view. That's all I need, and it works so beautifully, people can switch between the two modes easily.

So for me, just the BOARD view and the THREAD view is all I need. The MIX view is actually quite confusing.

CAPTCHA

by needhelp338, Sunday, April 22, 2007, 21:18 (6207 days ago) @ Alex

BTW, I posted this in the spam discussion thread below, thought I would mention here as well. I agree with what some of the posters said about CAPTCHA. CAPTCHA has been great for my forum. Not only does it deter spam, it also allows people to post without having to register which I think is a great plus.

Please consider allowing CAPTCHA as an option in the new version.

Thanks...

CAPTCHA

by Alex ⌂, Monday, April 23, 2007, 08:15 (6207 days ago) @ needhelp338

Please consider allowing CAPTCHA as an option in the new version.

It's not only a question of allowing it. Someone has to implement it. ;-) And so far I'm quite happy with Akismet.
Above all, a CAPTCHA is no really good solution: Inaccessibility of CAPTCHA

Alex

RSS Feed of thread