Suggestion for next update (Features)

by Paul Brouwer, Monday, July 27, 2009, 21:48 (5386 days ago)
edited by Paul Brouwer, Monday, July 27, 2009, 21:54

If possible I would like to see the possibility of adding pages to the pages section and make them visible for admins only.

This feature could be very handy for the admin to make one or more pages with queries in them making monitoring his forum and/or user's behavior a lot easier.

Regards,
Paul

Suggestion for next update

by davwat, Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 04:06 (5384 days ago) @ Paul Brouwer

I'm not sure I've understood what your objective is...

You can already create a new page in the Pages section which is only visible by admins. This is done by not entering anything in the Menu link name box. Only people who know the URL of the page would be able to access it.

I can't see how this is going to help in monitoring the forum etc. A page in the Pages section is like a normal web page and is different to a page that contains a posting in the forum.

Do you mean that you want to add a post in the forum that is only visible by admins?

by Paul Brouwer, Friday, July 31, 2009, 00:35 (5382 days ago) @ davwat

Well, what I mean is:
Now you can select whether a page is visible for anybody (public) or registered users only.
If a bullet is added "visible for admin/mod" only, this would be a lot easier because
the admin/mod will see this page in his menu.

Regards,
Paul

by davwat, Friday, July 31, 2009, 04:21 (5382 days ago) @ Paul Brouwer

Try this..

In the Admin section go to Category administration and then create a New category, name the category what ever you like and then select Accessible by admins and mods and click OK.

Now go to the main index page of the forum and create a New topic and make sure the Category that you have just created is selected. All postings made under that category will only be visible to admins and mods.

by Paul Brouwer, Friday, July 31, 2009, 22:56 (5382 days ago) @ davwat

Hi,

This not what I had in mind. This only hides some postings from regular users
for being seen.
I want to make a page (maybe better template) that's only visible by admins/mods.

So, an additional bullet in the pages-section could solve this.

Regards,
Paul

RSS Feed of thread