This forum with Sqlite? (Todo)

by Nikki, Tuesday, April 07, 2009, 12:08 (5469 days ago)

Hi,

i like this forum, but so flexible it looks so unflexible is it with mysql.

So my question ist: Is there a hope to get this in a sqlite version?

In German:

Hi Alex mein Englisch ist nicht so gut daher nochmal. Ich finde das Forum toll, kann es aber nicht unbedingt so einsetzen wie ich gerne würde. Daher wollte ich wissen, ob du mal über eine Sqlite Version nachgedacht hast bzw. eine abgespeckte Version mit Sqlite, wäre toll, danke.

Nikki

This forum with Sqlite?

by Alex ⌂, Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 15:45 (5468 days ago) @ Nikki

Hi Nikki,

so flexible it looks so unflexible is it with mysql.
So my question ist: Is there a hope to get this in a sqlite version?

Well, it's a "grown" project. If I would start it from scratch I would use a database abstraction layer, e.g. PDO. Rewriting it, however, would take a lot of time!

Alex

This forum with Sqlite?

by Auge, Wednesday, April 08, 2009, 16:40 (5468 days ago) @ Nikki

Hello

i like this forum, but so flexible it looks so unflexible is it with mysql.

I think, this thesis needs a substantiation. Why is the forum with MySQL unflexible and which vantages you see with SQLite (where you have lesser functionality)?

Tschö, Auge

This forum with Sqlite?

by Riba ⌂, Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 07:32 (5160 days ago) @ Auge

Here is another vote for SQlite support. SQlite would complement MLF wonderfully, as they are both small and easy to manage. I am quite sure that SQlite database would be able to server 99% of all MLF forums out there, and also it would be dead easy to install for the novices. Recently I started to covert a number of my sites to SQlite and it works like a charm. However I do understand it may not be high on the priority list, but it definitely something to consider.

This forum with Sqlite?

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 09:38 (5160 days ago) @ Riba

Hello

Here is another vote for SQlite support. SQlite would complement MLF wonderfully, as they are both small and easy to manage. I am quite sure that SQlite database would be able to server 99% of all MLF forums out there, and also it would be dead easy to install for the novices.

I am the wrong person to address this. But now, when we are here: Alex told me, he want's to be able to port the database queries between the database engines in new softwares. So maybe he would port mlf2 to SQLite in the future, ...

Recently I started to covert a number of my sites to SQlite and it works like a charm.

... but maybe you could do that. The script is free (as in freedom), so you are allowed to do it if you are able.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

This forum with Sqlite?

by Riba ⌂, Wednesday, February 10, 2010, 09:47 (5160 days ago) @ Auge

I am the wrong person to address this. But now, when we are here: Alex told me, he want's to be able to port the database queries between the database engines in new softwares. So maybe he would port mlf2 to SQLite in the future, ...

Yes, I found his message about thinking to add the database abstraction layer.

... but maybe you could do that. The script is free (as in freedom), so you are allowed to do it if you are able.

It is not a critical feature for me at the moment, and the free time is a rare commodity these days :-( , but I did put my money where my mouth is and donated to the project. And submitted a language file. Really like this forum, I will probably contribute more when I finish up the ongoing projects.

P.S. Really like the intuitive way the quoting is handled!

RSS Feed of thread