Email .. Windows Server .. ? (Features)

by Vinayy @, Saturday, February 21, 2009, 12:32 (5505 days ago)

Hi

I have requested this info earlier also.

Is there nobody who has a solution to the sending of emails issue? Emails don't get delivered and they just remain at the server.

In my previous post (http://mylittleforum.net/forum/index.php?id=3347),I was suggested http://www.google.com/search?q=php+mail+authentication

Well, if I knew how to use the suggested info, I would NOT have posted here at all. I would have done it already.

I suggest the script needs the required upgrade (version).

Namaste

Vinayy

Email .. Windows Server .. ?

by Auge, Sunday, February 22, 2009, 13:26 (5504 days ago) @ Vinayy

Hello

I have requested this info earlier also.

Like other people before (see search results for "email windows"). ;-)

Is there nobody who has a solution to the sending of emails issue? Emails don't get delivered and they just remain at the server.

They got delivered, but it seems that there is noone who gets it.

I suggest the script needs the required upgrade (version).

No, the script has nothing to do with it. It is a server configuration issue. Please read the windows notes at PHP manual for the function mail (first note behind the examples).

Hope it helps,

tschö, Auge

by Vinayy @, Monday, February 23, 2009, 10:48 (5503 days ago) @ Auge

Dear Auge

I read the Note:
Note: The Windows implementation of mail() differs in many ways from the Unix implementation. First, it doesn't use a local binary for composing messages but only operates on direct sockets which means a MTA is needed listening on a network socket (which can either on the localhost or a remote machine).
Second, the custom headers like From:, Cc:, Bcc: and Date: are not interpreted by the MTA in the first place, but are parsed by PHP.
As such, the to parameter should not be an address in the form of "Something <someone@example.com>". The mail command may not parse this properly while talking with the MTA.

I think I must be really dumb because I cannot make any head-or-tail of using this info. :-|

My Windows server can send emails through (and these get delivered):
<?php
if(mail('email@my_domain.com','test subject','test message')){
echo('ok');
}
else{
echo('not ok');
}
?>

(for above, the sender is the default email ID of the server)

I guess this means the issue is Not of MTA (at my server).

I have also tried this successfully with multiple recipients:
<?php
if(mail('email_1@my_domain.com,email_2@other_server.com','test subject','test message')){
echo('ok');
}
else{
echo('not ok');
}
?>

I would really appreciate if you can help me (and other Windows server "sufferers") with this issue.

Namaste

Vinayy

by Auge, Monday, February 23, 2009, 15:56 (5502 days ago) @ Vinayy

Hello

As first: I am not a Windows Server user. (I am (in most cases) not a Windows client user too, but that is another story. ;-) )

I read the Note:
Note: The Windows implementation of mail() differs in many ways from the Unix implementation. First, it doesn't use a local binary for composing messages but only operates on direct sockets which means a MTA is needed listening on a network socket (which can either on the localhost or a remote machine).
Second, the custom headers like From:, Cc:, Bcc: and Date: are not interpreted by the MTA in the first place, but are parsed by PHP.
As such, the to parameter should not be an address in the form of "Something <someone@example.com>". The mail command may not parse this properly while talking with the MTA.

My Windows server can send emails through (and these get delivered):

<?php
if(mail('email@my_domain.com','test subject','test message')){
echo('ok');
}
else{
echo('not ok');
}
?>

Ok, you can send emails through PHP.

I guess this means the issue is Not of MTA (at my server).

It seems so.

Now you have to check the differences in the PHP source code of your implementation and the one of the forum script (I don't know the sources).

This note:

... sounds to me, that the named headers were ignored but causes no errors. (Maybe someone could give us a hint?)

The third note:

... could be the reason if this form is used in the script.

Tschö, Auge

RSS Feed of thread