Basic Functionality Questions, Customization Questions. (General)

by Jamfitz001 @, Tuesday, August 05, 2008, 15:45 (5735 days ago)

Hello All!
I'm building a website in MySql, PHP5 and have all my functionality working. I decided to add a page that I'm calling local community, and on this page I wanted to add a bulletin board or messaging system. I ran across this software downloaded last night and see it's got some awesome out of the box functionality.

My questions:

1. I would like to embed this tool into an area of my page, I suppose using an IFrame. Any opinions about what is involved in doing that.

2. I don't see any documentation regarding the basic functionality here. For example, why does someone register with the forum if they can post a comment without registering?
Can I turn that off easily? could I turn off image uploading easily?

3. Is using Smarty(which I don't know) going to hinder me customizing this to embed in my page and match the rest of my site?

Thanks.

Basic Functionality Questions, Customization Questions.

by Nigel, Wednesday, August 06, 2008, 18:26 (5734 days ago) @ Jamfitz001

It's such a bloody easy to use forum software, instructions aren't really needed mate.

Basic Functionality Questions, Customization Questions.

by Allegra ⌂ @, Toronto, Saturday, August 09, 2008, 04:40 (5732 days ago) @ Nigel

I'm going to have to disagree with Nigel on that. It took me two weeks to customize my forum into my website's layout theme. I had to figure out where all the code was hiding, and actually it taught me quite a bit about CSS, php, and html just trying to change things. My final product:

friendshipbeading.net/forum/index.php

Quite different from the default look right? To get rid of signing up forms (I also didn't want my users to sign up), I simply commented out the links at the top right that said "Register" and "Login". LOL!

RSS Feed of thread