Installation O.K., but only empty pages afterwards...? (Bugs)

by Nico Hoffmann ⌂ @, Hier, Sunday, December 16, 2007, 13:54 (5974 days ago)

Hello,

I installed mylittleforum 1.7 and made a first entry in the forum. Everything was o.k.

Some minutes later I revisited my forum (reload, browser back and so on), but now I receive only empty pages. It seems that my browser receives pages without content: There is no error (404, etc), but if I do a 'view source' there is only white space.

This behaviour applies to all .php-pages, I found it also for info.php, admin.php, etc.

The forum is installed an a Linux server. look at http://www2.asamnet.de/~hoffmani/testforum/

Any hints how to fix this problem?

N.

Installation O.K., but only empty pages afterwards...?

by Frank Steinbach @, an der Spree, Monday, December 17, 2007, 09:31 (5973 days ago) @ Nico Hoffmann

Hi,

laut deinem Provider(Fehlermeldung), findet der Server irgendwelche Datein nicht. Also, nochmal ch3ecken ob alles drauf ist. Unterstützt dein Provider PHP? Habe davon nichts gelesen...

VG ... FRank

Installation O.K., but only empty pages afterwards...?

by Nico Hoffmann @, Monday, December 17, 2007, 18:53 (5973 days ago) @ Frank Steinbach

Hi,

laut deinem Provider(Fehlermeldung), findet der Server irgendwelche Datein
nicht.

Du hast eine Fehlermeldung bekommen? Wie hast du das gemacht?

Also, nochmal ch3ecken ob alles drauf ist. Unterstützt dein Provider PHP? Habe
davon nichts gelesen...

Es ist alles drauf, was im zip-File war. PHP ist vorhanden (sonst wäre schon
die Installation oder spätestens der erste Testeintrag ins Forum nicht
geglückt).

N.

EMail Sender doesn´t work....

by chriswiegand ⌂ @, Friday, January 04, 2008, 12:29 (5955 days ago) @ Nico Hoffmann

After the registration, nobody gets an email from the forum....why...can somebody help me please...?:-(

Solved!

by Nico Hoffmann @, Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 22:20 (5971 days ago) @ Nico Hoffmann

Hello,

I installed mylittleforum 1.7 and made a first entry in the forum. Everything was o.k.

Some minutes later I revisited my forum (reload, browser back and so on), but now I receive only empty pages. It seems that my browser receives pages without content: There is no error (404, etc), but if I do a 'view source' there is only white space.

This behaviour applies to all .php-pages, I found it also for info.php, admin.php, etc.

O.K., and that caused this 'error':

For the forum I got a MySQL-db with username and password.
I did the installation an the first entry with the provider-given db-passoword.

After that i remembered my providers hint to choose a more cryptic password
than the default one, and I changed the password.

Of course, in db_settings.php was still the old password, and the php script could not access the database. Result is white pages with nothing in it...

After correcting the password everything is fine now.

Maybe a 'catching' of such an error (no access to db) is possible, then a
output of an error message would be nice.
Or is that in v2.0 already implemented?

N.

RSS Feed of thread