Slowness... (General)

by Someone, Monday, October 08, 2007, 20:00 (6038 days ago)

I've just installed the script onto my website, but it is VERY slow. I'm considering getting rid of the script altogether, but was wondering if there's a way around this slowness. The host I'm using is www,newsit,es.

Slowness...

by Someone, Monday, October 08, 2007, 20:04 (6038 days ago) @ Someone

I was also wondering how I could get the titles from 3-4 posts (from newest to oldest) to show up on the homepage, like a news thing.

Slowness...

by Tintin, Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 02:11 (6037 days ago) @ Someone

The host I'm using is www,newsit,es.

Bingo!!

Slowness...

by Micha ⌂, Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 08:24 (6037 days ago) @ Tintin

Hi,

The host I'm using is www,newsit,es.

Bingo!!

No, thats not the problem. The Version1.7 ist much faster than the beta version.

regards, Micha

--
applied-geodesy.org - OpenSource Least-Squares Adjustment Software for Geodetic Sciences

Slowness...

by Alex ⌂, Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 17:20 (6036 days ago) @ Someone

Hi,

I've just installed the script onto my website, but it is VERY slow.

Yes, there still has to be done something to make it a little bit faster! One thing that slows down the forum is probably the recursion plugin for Smarty (Smarty itself is quite fast due to its compiled templates). This is important to display the message trees and I still do not have an alternative for it.
Another thing is the script.aculo.us JavaScript. It's mainly for the admin area (sortable tables for categories, smilies and pages). For normal users it makes the preview bubbles draggable. But I think it's not that important so we could leave out this feature.

Alex

Slowness...

by Milo [noreg], Monday, October 15, 2007, 11:53 (6032 days ago) @ Alex

Hi,

This is important to display the message trees and I still do not have an alternative for it.

Waht is wrong with the template in version 1.7? Why do you change it even?

Micha

RSS Feed of thread