Help ranking (Development)

by Sunsettdev @, Tuesday, May 07, 2024, 09:35 (12 days ago)

I would like help knowing which script to edit to add new ranking. On my forum, I would like to create the role: Uploader. The person will be able to post, edit and moderate their own posts and those of standard users.

Help ranking

by Auge ⌂, Friday, May 10, 2024, 08:56 (9 days ago) @ Sunsettdev

Hello

I would like help knowing which script to edit to add new ranking. On my forum, I would like to create the role: Uploader.

I assume, that you talk about a new rank in the system of registered users, moderators and administrators?

The person will be able to post, edit and moderate their own posts and those of standard users.

These are all authorisations a moderator has. The only exception is a restriction for uploading of images. But you already can restrict the uploading to circles of users in the main settings page.

[image]

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Help ranking

by Sunsettdev, Friday, May 10, 2024, 21:35 (9 days ago) @ Auge

I assume, that you talk about a new rank in the system of registered users, moderators and administrators?

Yes, I am referring to new classifications. I would like to have the possibility of creating new ones in addition to the administrator and moderator.

Help ranking

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, May 12, 2024, 16:17 (7 days ago) @ Sunsettdev

Hello

Yes, I am referring to new classifications. I would like to have the possibility of creating new ones in addition to the administrator and moderator.

Unfortunately, the software does not provide for this. Implementing it would not only afford to make it possible to define the ranks, but also to grant or deny the respective authorisations. There is no corresponding infrstructure for this. The authorisations are hardcoded in the scripts because of the knowledge of the existing four ranks. Changing this would make it necessary to create such a infrastructure (with lists of authorisations and their allocations to the ranks) and to change the script code in really many places.

Currently we have no plans to implement this.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Help ranking

by Sunsettdev, Monday, May 13, 2024, 11:11 (6 days ago) @ Auge

I understood.
Thank you very much for the support :)

RSS Feed of thread