Invitation for update of translations (Development)

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, March 02, 2023, 10:10 (411 days ago)

Hello,

in the light of Vihunas current work on completion and enhancements in the spanish language file I would also like to call on everyone else to translate untranslated strings in the language files for their own native language.

Untranslated strings start with <!-- TODO --> like can be seen in this example from the croatian language file. It is not necessary to provide complete translations, even partial translations are helpful.

Following list is the state of the incomplete translated language files. The numbers counts the untranslated strings, which are detectable with <!-- TODO -->. All files are checked in the state of MLF2 in version 20220803.1.

- Chinese (simplified): 8 untranslated strings
- Chinese (traditional): 8 untranslated strings
- Croatian: 130 untranslated strings
- Danish: 89 untranslated strings
- French: 48 untranslated strings
- Italian: 155 untranslated strings
- Norwegian: 56 untranslated strings
- Russian: 9 untranslated strings
- Swedish: 12 untranslated strings
- Tamil: 169 untranslated strings
- Turkish: 165 untranslated strings

How it works

- If one has a Github-account: clone the repository, create a branch in your copy for working on the translation and provide a pull request if your work is ready.
- if one has no Github-account: copy the language file, apply your enhancements and provide only your changed strings with key and value (i.e. like key = 'translated value') and the target language here in this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

I can do for Chinese and Esperanto

by Solis ⌂, Urumqi, Xinjiang, China 中国新疆乌鲁木齐, Thursday, April 27, 2023, 09:56 (355 days ago) @ Auge

if you want, please send the text to my email.

--
I speak Chinese & Esperanto.
我说汉语和世界语。
Mi parolas ĉine kaj Esperante.
-----------------------------
https://reto.cn
my forum using MLF
https://reto.cn/forum

I can do for Chinese and Esperanto

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, April 27, 2023, 11:23 (355 days ago) @ Solis

Hello

if you want, please send the text to my email.

The current state is downloadable from Github. You can download the files separately by opening one in the browser, clicking the button "Raw" and comy and paste the code into a new file in a text editor. When you save the file, you must pay attention to the text encoding. The file must be saved in UTF-8 encoding.

For finding the relevant code lines I recommend to search for the string <!-- because the "to dos" begins with this string (complete marking: <!-- TODOS -->). Please provide the eight strings in this thread in a separate reply.

A translation to Esperanto would be a completely new sub project. In this case it would be proper to take the file english.lang, to rename it to esperanto.lang and to translate all strings one after each other. When the translation is done, contact us here in the forum to clarify the way for submission of the result.

Thank you so far.

Tschö, Auge

--

i add Arabic language with English side by side

by Abdulsalam @, Oman, Monday, February 05, 2024, 06:43 (71 days ago) @ Auge

Hi guys..MASTERS,,>> thank you to share us your beautiful minds.
I can see your future vision with lovely project like this. its smart simple and powerful
thank you for that (open_source= "open minds") God BLESS you & guide your steps<<

Its a pleasure to add little thing for that work ,I make translation for ARABIC but i keep it with ENGLISH it works together very fine.
there was many variables bracket in some lines i separate it from Arabic script with × so that the Arabic encoding does not disable the variable codes- Which must be in English encoding or Latino.. it works fine.

Am still working to make it more shorter and organized and hopefully in God willing to finish it with the single Arabic and purify it very soon.

I would like to mention one opinion to you,,
one thing:-It will be great if you make the text alignment in center so you contain all languages witch is come from [left to right] and some from [right to left] -Or you may put alignment options.

Here is the (lang) file link: Arabic-English for MyLittleForum عربي-إنجليزي لــ
I upload it as a TEXT file

I call it (Arabishعربيز)(

My love and respect :ok:

i add Arabic language with English side by side

by Auge ⌂, Monday, February 05, 2024, 11:36 (71 days ago) @ Abdulsalam

Hello

Its a pleasure to add little thing for that work ,I make translation for ARABIC but i keep it with ENGLISH it works together very fine.

It looks a little bit strange to see the arabic and english menu text sivde by side without any space but well, it's a beginning. Well done. 👍

I would like to mention one opinion to you,,
one thing:-It will be great if you make the text alignment in center so you contain all languages witch is come from [left to right] and some from [right to left] -Or you may put alignment options.

There is a general problem with the current implementation, that affects also your concept. Currently the forum does not explicitely set the text alignment with the exception of elements with a different alignment than the standard. Those definitions are based on latin languages which are written from left to right (as we know).

Since a few years there is a enhancement to text-align, that is "flow related" and so writing direction independent. The (meanwhile not so) new values for text-align are start and end. The use of the value start will automatically result in text-align: left; for languages, written left to right (ltr) and in text-align: right; for languages written from right to left (rtl). The reverse is true for the value end.

This works also with a mix of different languages with different writing directions in one document, if the writing direction is properly defined. That starts with providing the correct value for the key dir (ltr or rtl) in the language files (you forgot until now to set the writign direction rtl in your arabic translation). And it would be an additional task for an author of a posting to set the value for a posting section (i.e. a paragraph) in a language with a different writing direction that it is the default in the specific forum.

The browser support is nearly at 100%.

We aleady did most of the necessary work in the past (see this thread), where we also discussed the start and end values for text-align (at the end of the thread). The latest posting provides the code for a RTL-button (and same way a LTR-button) beside the posting form.

Here is the (lang) file link: Arabic-English for MyLittleForum عربي-إنجليزي لــ
I upload it as a TEXT file

I call it (Arabishعربيز)(

Thank you for providing the translation for the interested audience. I am more interested in an arabic only translation. In my humble opinion, this would be more interesting for a larger audience.

Tschö, Auge

--

About the single *Arabic* language

by Abdus_salam, OM, Tuesday, February 06, 2024, 16:51 (70 days ago) @ Auge

Hey seniori,,
I have done it for your Auge its Completely done except the tow lines in the top (time format line 26 & 27)

i use the {rtl}dir but the text box and side bar still steady did not change there direction

you can check how it looks in the test website>> test Arabic_عربي in MyLittleForum
username: salam
password: admin100%pass

here is the Arabic TEXT file: Arabic_عربي

thank you so much

Mainly about layout issues in languages, written right to left

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, February 07, 2024, 09:53 (69 days ago) @ Abdus_salam

Hello

I have done it for your Auge its Completely done except the tow lines in the top (time format line 26 & 27)

Thank you.

i use the {rtl}dir but the text box and side bar still steady did not change there direction

you can check how it looks in the test website>> test Arabic_عربي in MyLittleForum

Oh, that looks horrible because of our left-to-right centristic and mainly nearly 20 years old design. I identified at least five main issues with one page visit on the main page in the context of left to right versus right to left written languages. I have to describe them detailed in issues on Github.

here is the Arabic TEXT file: Arabic_عربي

I downloaded it. Thank you for providing the translation. I'll put it into the repository, credited to you.

Reminder: I'll separate this and the following postings into a new thread in a few days.

Tschö, Auge

--

RSS Feed of thread