Error while upgrading to version 20220529.1 (General)

by ST68k, Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 18:57 (657 days ago)

Hello
Thank you very much for this upgrade and the capacity to use php 8 that is very interesting for me !!
Unfortunatelly the update does'nt work for me.
When i launch the update php script i have this error :

Database error in line 435: specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes

It seems that the email field is limited but it is the script that set it to utf8 format.

Any idea to help me to solve this ?

Thank you for your great work !!

See you

ST68k

Error while upgrading to version 20220529.1

by Auge ⌂, Thursday, June 30, 2022, 10:27 (657 days ago) @ ST68k

Hello

Thank you for the report.

Database error in line 435: specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes

It seems that the email field is limited but it is the script that set it to utf8 format.

There was an issue with the data format of the column user_mail. The column has a size of 256 characters. With setting the charset to utf8mb4 for the database table the maximal length of indexes gets exceeded in older MySQL versions. We worked around this by setting the charset especially for this one column from utf8mb4 back to utf8. It seems, that we handled the order of changes in a wrong way.

[edit]You can find further information about the issue in this entry.[/edit]

Any idea to help me to solve this?

I'll take a look into it. If you are a brave one, you can backup your database tables, change the charset of the column mlf2_userdata.user_mail explicitely to utf8 and retry the upgrade.

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Error while upgrading to version 20220529.1

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, July 10, 2022, 15:08 (646 days ago) @ ST68k

Hello

Which version is the starting point of your upgrade? Line #435 is in the upgrade script of version 20220529.1 a very early stage (upgrade to 2.4.99.2). Are you really starting with a 2.4.x-version?

Tschö, Auge

--

Hopefully solved: Error while upgrading to 20220529.1

by Auge ⌂, Tuesday, August 02, 2022, 21:20 (623 days ago) @ ST68k

Hello

Because of your non-reaction to my questions I solved the issue my way without any warranty. I tested it with a fresh installation and with an upgrade from 20220509.1. I will test an upgrade starting with 2.4.24 tomorrow.

That's all I can do without further input from other sides.

Tschö, Auge

--

RSS Feed of thread