Can Any Dev Help With This Error (General)

by Dee Kitty, Friday, October 08, 2021, 17:58 (924 days ago)

I'm on version 2.4.19 and the bookmark feature has been working perfectly fine but out of the blue (I've not edited any files on the server) I now get given an error page when changing a bookmark's name and leave the tags box blank

[image]

If I change the bookmark's name and leave the tags box blank it goes to this error but If I then go back to my bookmarks the bookmark name has indeed changed.

If I change the bookmark's name and add tags I do not get the error.

Can Any Dev Help With This Error

by Auge ⌂, Wednesday, October 13, 2021, 08:06 (920 days ago) @ Dee Kitty

Hello

Sorry, for the delay. I read your question days ago in my RSS-reader and marked it as read but forgot to answer here.

I'm on version 2.4.19 and the bookmark feature has been working perfectly fine but out of the blue (I've not edited any files on the server) I now get given an error page when changing a bookmark's name and leave the tags box blank

[image]

Ok, when I look into the relevant code of version 2.4.19 (and also version 2.4.19.1) I see no code that could cause the error messages you show in your screenshot. So we have to assume, that you doesn't run a clean install of any of that versions.

To be clear, the relevant function getBookmarkTags is actually located in the near of the named lines in the screenshot (functions.inc.php #2842, #2843).

If I change the bookmark's name and leave the tags box blank it goes to this error but If I then go back to my bookmarks the bookmark name has indeed changed.

That is a misbehaviour because one can change the name as well as the tags in one form but both data points should be handled independently (and correct).

If I change the bookmark's name and add tags I do not get the error.

I'll investigate it further (with a comparision to newer versions).

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Can Any Dev Help With This Error

by Dee Kitty, Friday, October 15, 2021, 18:33 (917 days ago) @ Auge

As it happened out of the blue and knowing I never changed any files I thought I would ask the hosting company why this could've happened. After some back and forth chat they eventually replied with this reason

the issue occurred after upgrading the EasyApache of the sever from EasyApache3 to EasyApache4 recently to support PHP version up to 7.4

and it is now fixed. Thanks for your reply.

RSS Feed of thread