Can't access forum (General)

by doctorgoldfoot, Monday, March 15, 2021, 15:07 (1109 days ago)

Been using mlf for over seven years now on my server and the last couple of months I can't access any of the files in the folder from a browser. Everything just shows up as a white page or an error. Any help is greatly appreciated.

url: http://www.monumentalpictures.com/forum

Can't access forum

by Auge ⌂, Monday, March 15, 2021, 17:26 (1109 days ago) @ doctorgoldfoot

Hello

Been using mlf for over seven years now on my server and the last couple of months I can't access any of the files in the folder from a browser. Everything just shows up as a white page or an error. Any help is greatly appreciated.

url: http://www.monumentalpictures.com/forum

The PHP-code of the forum seems to be broken. When I try to open your link, I get an empty page, not only what I (not) see in the browser but also what the server ships (it contains absolutely nothing, the browser could display).

- Which PHP does your server run?
- Which version of My Little Forum do you (try to) run?
- Did you change anything in the PHP-code?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Can't access forum

by doctorgoldfoot, Friday, March 19, 2021, 18:11 (1105 days ago) @ Auge

Over the years? Yes I've altered the php quite a bit to fit my needs, but not currently. At least, not since everything stopped working. The problem is I don't know what's missing. My error log shows a line that I can't seem to figure out over and over it's 19. I don't want to lose my database or all of the design or alteration work I've done to it over the years, but I'm really lost. It was an older version, I haven't upgraded since I installed the latest version in 2014.

Can't access forum

by Auge ⌂, Sunday, March 21, 2021, 18:50 (1103 days ago) @ doctorgoldfoot

Over the years? Yes I've altered the php quite a bit to fit my needs, but not currently.

Hmm, did your hosting provider change the PHP version on your server/hosting package? Which PHP version does your server run?

The problem is I don't know what's missing. My error log shows a line that I can't seem to figure out over and over it's 19.

Can you provide an example of the error message(s)? Please anonymise pathes but leave errors, file names and line numbers.

I don't want to lose my database or all of the design or alteration work I've done to it over the years, but I'm really lost.

Ok., the forum content is stored in the database and in all probability the database itself is not affected by your problem. If available, you can inspect the database content in a tool like phpMyAdmin. Also the (currently non functioning) script files and theme changes are present on the server and you can make a backup whith your FTP client.

It was an older version, I haven't upgraded since I installed the latest version in 2014.

Then it seems to be a MLF version of the 2.3 branch but before 2.3.5. Which version do you run?

Tschö, Auge

--
Trenne niemals Müll, denn er hat nur eine Silbe!

Can't access forum

by doctorgoldfoot, Sunday, March 28, 2021, 15:23 (1096 days ago) @ Auge

I got it working. The page was throwing a generic 500 error on the page from Chrome, or a blank page when using Firefox or safari. They had changed the php configuration settings to the wrong one without telling me. All is good. Thank you for your help Auge.

RSS Feed of thread